Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
Some days you just need crispy, homemade chicken tenders. These sticky honey sriracha chicken tenders definitely do the job. They’re crispy on the outside, tender in the center and slathered with the most delicious sticky honey sriracha sauce. So, get your taste buds ready, because this crispy chicken tenders recipe is packed with flavor.
About this Chicken Tender Recipe
Spicy, crispy and tender are some of my favorite ways to describe food, and this crispy chicken tenders recipe checks all the boxes. They were so good, Dan and I had a hard time not finishing off the entire pan.
These crispy chicken tenders are perfect as an appetizer on game day or on top of your favorite salad. If you’re serving them to kids, you may want to keep the sauce on the side as it is spicy.
For this recipe, I used chicken tenderloin. The chicken tenderloin is easy to work with and gives you perfectly sized tenders. If you do not have chicken tenderloin handy, simply cut chicken breasts into strips.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Sauce
When prepping the honey sriracha sauce, place a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the butter, soy sauce, honey, sriracha and lemon juice. Lime juice will work too. Simmer the sauce for 5-10 minutes until all of the ingredients are well combined. Reduce the heat to a simmer to keep the sauce warm while you prep the crispy chicken tenders.
This honey sriracha sauce is so good I can guarantee you’ll find a variety of ways to use it. Crispy tofu and pan seared salmon would both taste great with this spicy sauce. This recipe makes 10-12 tenders and honey sriracha sauce. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftover crispy tenders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
Looking for more delicious chicken dinner recipes? Try my chicken enchilada pasta.
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenderloin, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup AP flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup salted butter , 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 baking tray
- 3 plates
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Gently spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Grab three plates to begin setting up the breading station. On the first plate, add the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Toss together. On the second plate, add 2 whisked eggs and the Dijon mustard. Using a fork, whisk the two together until they are well combined. On the third plate, add the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
Begin Breading the Chicken
- Take one tender, dredge it through the flour mixture; making sure it's well coated. Then, dredge it through the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that it is well coated during each step. Set the breaded chicken on the baking tray. Repeat until all tenders are breaded.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the tenders are cooked through. Make sure to flip them halfway. Cooking time will depend on the size of the tenders. You'll want the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure doneness.
- While the chicken is baking, grab a small saucepan. Over medium heat combine the honey, sriracha, butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and toss it with the honey sriracha sauce. Serve warm.