Some days you just need crispy, homemade chicken tenders. These sticky honey sriracha tenders definitely do the job. They’re crispy on the outside, tender in the center and slathered with the most delicious sticky honey sriracha sauce! So, get your taste buds ready because these tenders are a totally packed with flavor.
Spicy, crispy and tender are some of my favorite ways to describe food, and this recipe checks all the boxes. They were so good me and Dan had a hard time not finishing off the pan.
Perfect as an appetizer or as a main meal, these sticky honey sriracha tenders are out of this world. Enjoy them on top of a salad, with a side of fries or simply on their own. No matter how you serve them, they taste amazing.
Sticky Honey Sriracha Tenders
- baking tray
- 3 plates
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenders
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently spray a baking ray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Grab three plates to begin setting up the breading station.
- On one plate add the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Toss together.
- On the second plate add 2 whisked eggs and the Dijon mustard. Using a fork, whisk the two together until they are well combined.
- On the third plate, add the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Now it is time to begin breading the chicken:
- Take one tender and dredge it through the flour mixture, making sure to fully coat the tender. Then dredge it through the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that it is well coated. Set the breaded chicken on the baking tray. Repeat until all tenders are breaded.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until the tender are cooked through, making sure to flip halfway.
- The baking time will also depend on the size of the tenders.
- While the chicken is baking we will grab a small bowl and combine the honey and sriracha together. Stir until well combined.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and drizzle it with the honey sriracha sauce.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!