The BEST Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread recipe is moist in the center and loaded with pumpkin flavor. Perfect for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, this pumpkin bread is a great way to start the day. If you’ve ever tried my old school banana bread, this recipe is a riff off of that one. So, you know you’re in for a real treat! Plus, I added cream cheese frosting which tastes this loaf to the next level. This step is totally optional but highly recommended.
About this Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread recipe is moist and delicious. Enjoy it as is, or with your favorite spread. Some options include, peanut butter, honey or regular butter. You can also add cream cheese frosting if you desire. I’ve included the recipe below. The nutritional information for this bread INCLUDES the cream cheese frosting. Details below.
When prepping this bread, be sure to use two, 8×4 inch foil baking containers. Spray them with non-stick baking spray before adding the batter. I like using these containers because you can easily freeze one of the loaves. Make sure it is completely cool before adding it to a Ziplock freezer bag. To thaw, simply leave the frozen loaf on the counter overnight. If you decide to freeze one loaf, do not add the cream cheese frosting to the loaf you intend to freeze.
This pumpkin bread is so good, I can guarantee you’ll be making it over and over again. This recipe makes two loaves, eight servings per loaf.
Store this pumpkin bread covered on the counter for three to four days. If you add cream cheese frosting, you will need to cover the loaf and store it in the refrigerator for three to four days. Enjoy it at room temperature or warmed for a few seconds in the microwave.
The BEST Pumpkin Bread
Wet Ingredients – Makes 2 loaves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, make sure it is not pumpkin mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 cups AP flour, all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, optional, dust them with flour to prevent sinking
Cream Cheese Frosting – Optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1-1.5 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 8×3 ⅞ inch foil baking containers makes two loaves
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 whisk
- 1 spatula
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray your foil baking containers with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
Combine Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together room temperature butter, softened low fat cream cheese, salt, vanilla, and powdered sugar using a handheld blender. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before spreading. This will make it easier to spread.
Combine Wet Ingredients
- Cream the room temperature butter and cane sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add one egg at a time, making sure to whisk until well combined.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk well.
Combine Dry Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the AP flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice. Whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter forms.
- Split the batter between two, 8×3 ⅞th inch foil baking containers.
- Bake for 45-47 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cool, spread with cream cheese frosting.