Cinnamon Bun Waffles
Breakfast just got a total glow up with these cinnamon bun waffles. Imagine this, if a cinnamon bun and a waffle had a baby this would be it. These waffles are perfectly fluffy, with the tiniest touch or crisp on the outside. Add in the vanilla and cinnamon flavor, and these are dangerously good. Like so good, you might need to make two batches because you ate the first one by mistake.
Honestly, I always considered myself a pancake person until now. These cinnamon bun waffles are exactly what you need during your next brunch. What’s great, is that they only take 30 minutes to make. I know homemade waffles sound complex but trust me, they’re so easy and worth it. Your friends and family will be blown away by how delicious these waffles are.
I served mine with a cinnamon vanilla glaze, but you can use maple syrup, butter, berries or whipped cream. Basically, any topping you enjoy would tastes great with these. This recipe makes five large waffles which is perfect for two to three hungry people.
Cinnamon Bun Waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream – I used light sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter – not hot
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white – beaten until foamy
Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla flavor
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- waffle maker
- Two mixing bowls
- spatula, whisk, fork, and ladle
- Preheat your waffle iron.
Prepare the cinnamon vanilla glaze:
- Mix together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk. Set it aside.
Prepare waffle batter:
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the egg white. Stir well using a whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, beat the egg white using a fork (or hand mixer) until it is foamy and fluffy.
- Once the egg white is fluffy, fold it into the batter using a spatula.
- Using a ladle, spoon the batter onto the waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and bake for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes.
- Repeat. Top with vanilla cinnamon glaze or preferred toppings.
- Best served immediately.