Mediterranean Salmon Wedge Salad
This Mediterranean salmon wedge salad is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. It combines a variety of Mediterranean flavors that taste so good together. The simply seasoned salmon is moist, flaky and delicious. Which pairs perfectly with the bold Mediterranean salad. Finished with fresh dill and crumbled feta, this salmon wedge salad will be on repeat.
About this Mediterranean Salmon Wedge Salad Recipe
This Mediterranean salmon wedge salad is such a flavorful recipe. This recipe is loaded with healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients which will leave you feeling full and satisfied. I can guarantee you’ll be enjoying this simple salad on a regular basis.
Ingredients Needed for Mediterranean Salmon Wedge Salad
Salmon – You’ll need one pound of salmon for this recipe. You can use whatever salmon you enjoy most. Be sure to leave the skin on when cooking as it helps lock in the juices. Option to remove the skin once it’s cooked to your liking. You can also cook the salmon in the oven OR in the air fryer. I’ve included step by step instructions below for both cooking methods.
Lettuce – You’ll need one head of iceberg lettuce for this recipe. Be sure to wash and dry the lettuce before cutting it into quarters.
Salad Dressing – Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and dried oregano in a bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
Mediterranean Salad – Combine cored and diced English cucumber, diced shallots, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, pitted and halved Kalamata olives, and capers in a mixing bowl. Toss with the dressing. You can use as little or as much dressing as you desire.
Garnishes – Garnish this dish with fresh dill and crumbled feta cheese. Serve and enjoy.
Ways to Enjoy and Store Leftovers
Best enjoyed immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days. Please note, that the lettuce may wilt once it is dressed.
However, any extra salmon or Mediterranean toppings will stay fresh for up to four days covered in the refrigerator. Extra salmon and toppings can be enjoyed a variety of ways. Tuck everything inside of a wrap, enjoy it over toasted bread, or toss the extra salmon and Mediterranean salad in some cooked pasta for a delicious twist on pasta salad.
Looking for more delicious salad ideas?
Salmon Wedge Salad with Homemade Honey Mustard
Mediterranean Salmon Wedge Salad
Salmon / Lettuce
- 1 lb. salmon, debone, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , drizzle over the salmon
- salt and pepper , season the salmon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , wash, dry, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup English cucumber, core and dice small
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- ⅓ cup shallots , diced small
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes , chopped, about 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers, heaping tablespoon
- ¼ cup dill , remove stems, spread over the top (about 1 tablespoon per serving)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta , sprinkle over the top (about 1 tablespoon per serving)
- 1 baking tray
- 1 mixing bowl
Oven Roasted Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gently spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Debone your salmon fillet and pat it dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon on the baking tray. Season it with salt, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake the salmon for 16 -17 minutes. (skin side down on the tray) This will give you a medium-well center. (cooking time depends on the thickness of the filet)Remove the salmon from the oven and let the salmon cool.
Air Fryer Salmon
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Leave the skin on.Drizzle the salmon with olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Spray the inside of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray.Add the seasoned salmon to the air fryer and cook for 11-12 minutes at 400 degrees. This will give you a medium-well salmon fillet. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your fish, and type of air fryer used.
Prepare the Mediterranean Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, dried oregano and black pepper. Whisk well. Next, add the diced shallots, capers, halved kalamata olives, diced English cucumber and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Gently toss until the salad is lightly coated in the dressing.
- Cut the head of iceberg lettuce into quarters and place it on platter. Next, remove the salmon skin, break it into large pieces and add it to the wedge. Top everything with the dressed Mediterranean salad, fresh dill and crumbled feta. Serve and enjoy.
One Comment on “Mediterranean Salmon Wedge Salad”
Super delicious and fresh! Comes together in a snap!