Salmon Wedge Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This salmon wedge salad with homemade honey mustard dressing is perfectly shareable and incredibly delicious. In fact, family style salads are one of my favorite recipes to create. They’re fun to eat, easy to make and always so delicious. Hosting a small get together? Fix this salad up in no time. Topped with tons of seasonal vegetables, everyone will be able to build a plate they’ll love.
About this recipe
Refuel after a long day with this delicious salmon wedge salad recipe. For this recipe, I used Scottish salmon which is one of my favorite types. Scottish salmon, Atlantic salmon and ora king salmon are all known for being more fatty than other types of salmon like, sockeye. Scottish salmon also has more of a mild fish flavor compared to sockeye, which is why I prefer using it in most of my recipes. No matter what type of salmon you prefer, this salmon wedge salad is guaranteed to be a winner.
For this wedge salad recipe, I used iceberg lettuce. Cut the head of lettuce into quarters. If the head of lettuce is very large, you can cut it into smaller wedges. I like to remove the yellow lettuce in the center because it can be bitter. However, you can do whatever you like. Top the wedge salad with fresh chopped dill for an extra punch of flavor. If you do not have dill on hand, fresh parsley will work too.
When making the homemade honey mustard, be sure to whisk it well. You’ll want to make sure that the honey is evenly distributed and the dressing is creamy. I like drizzling the dressing over the top of the salad, but you can serve the dressing on the side too.
This salad can be stored in an airtight container for two to three days. That said, it is best eaten the same day. If you do have leftovers it’s best to store the salmon wedge salad separately from the homemade honey mustard dressing. The dressing will last four to five days covered in the refrigerator. Looking for more salad recipes? Try my light and creamy crab salad or my avocado tomato salad.
Salmon Wedge Salad and Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey mustard dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. Scottish salmon, deboned, skin on
- salt and pepper , season the fish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to drizzle over the fish before pan searing
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters or wedges
- 1 cup avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 ears sweet corn, grilled
- 2 tablespoons dill, freshly chopped and packed in the measuring spoon
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped small
- serving platter
- mixing bowl
- saute pan
- Preheat you grill to 400 degrees.
- Grab a large serving platter.
Prepare the iceberg lettuce:
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into quarters. Place the quarters on the platter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Prepare the salmon:
- Next, debone your salmon filets. Pat them dry with a paper towel and season with salt and cracked black pepper. You can leave the skin on while it cooks.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the flesh side of the fish and place it flesh side down in the pan.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side depending on thickness. This will give you a medium-well temperature. Once fully cooked, remove the salmon from the pan and set it aside.
Prepare the corn and egg:
- Next, you’ll add the corn to the grill until it has nice char marks on the kernels. About 10 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and set aside. Once cooled, slice the kernels of corn off of the cob with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll chop the egg into small pieces and thinly slice your avocado.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, honey and salt. Mix until well combined or no lumps.
Assemble the salad:
- Top the iceberg lettuce with the grilled corn kernels, chopped dill, chopped egg and avocado slices.
- Next, you’ll remove the skin from the salmon and break the salmon into large sharable pieces. Add the salmon pieces on top of all of the other ingredients. Season the entire salad with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey mustard dressing, serve and enjoy!
2 Comments on “Salmon Wedge Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing”
This salad was SO good! I haven’t been so excited to have an entree salad in a long time! Will definitely make again. Bonus-I has all the ingredients on hand except fresh salmon so total win in my book!
This was well received lunch and everyone asked for the recipe. the honey mustard dressing is amazing