Salmon Wedge Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Family style salads are one of my favorite recipes to create. They’re fun to eat, easy to make and always so delicious. This salmon wedge salad with honey mustard dressing is perfectly shareable and incredibly delicious.
Hosting a small get together? Fix this salad up in no time. Topped with tons of tasty veggies so everyone is able to build a plate they’ll love.
Need to refuel? This salmon wedge salad is also a great way to refuel after a long hike in the mountains. It’s packed with hard boiled egg and Scottish salmon, which both provide a rich source of muscle building protein. Add in the creamy and tangy honey mustard dressing and you’re in for a really tasty meal!
What makes it Healthyish?
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for other disease types. Salmon is also very high in Vitamin B which is essential for energy production, and brain and heart health. (1)
Salmon Wedge Salad and Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey mustard dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads of iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters or wedges
- 1 avocado sliced, thinly
- 2 ears of sweet corn, grilled
- fresh chopped dill
- 16 ounces Scottish salmon, or two 8 ounce filets
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- serving platter
- mixing bowl
- saute pan
- Preheat you grill to 400 degrees. Add foil for easy clean up.
- Grab a large serving platter.
- Cut the 2 heads of iceberg lettuce into quarters. This will make enough salad for 8 people. 1 quarter of the iceberg lettuce per person. Place them on the platter. Season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Next, debone your salmon filets. Pat them dry with a paper towel and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat a medium sized sauté pan over medium/ high heat. Add a light coat of olive oil to the pan.
- Place the salmon filets meat side down in the hot pan. Cook until medium – medium well or about 6 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Remove salmon from the pan and set aside.
- Next, you’ll add the corn to the grill until it has nice char marks on the kernels. About 10 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and set aside. Once cooled, slice the kernels of corn off of the cob with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll chop the egg into small pieces and slice your avocado thinly.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayo, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, honey and salt. Mix until well combined or no lumps.
Assemble the salad:
- Start with the iceberg wedge pieces. Top with chopped egg and avocado slices. Next, you’ll mix together the chopped dill and room temperature corn kernels.
- Spread the corn and dill across the lettuce.
- Next, you’ll remove the skin and break the salmon into large sharable pieces. Add the pieces on top of all of the other ingredients. Season the entire salad with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey mustard dressing, serve and enjoy!