Cinnamon Apple Bread
Begin your morning with this cinnamon apple bread. Moist, fluffy and delicious, this cinnamon apple bread recipe is the perfect way to start the day. Pour a hot cup of coffee, slice a piece of cinnamon apple bread and enjoy. I topped mine with traditional butter but you can also try using apple butter or cream cheese for a tasty addition.
About this Cinnamon Apple Bread
This cinnamon apple bread recipe is a riff on my banana bread and pumpkin bread recipes. If you haven’t tried the pumpkin or banana bread yet, you’re going to want to add these recipes to your fall baking list. All three of the recipes are made from simple, clean ingredients that you can feel good eating.
When prepping the apples, I used honey crisp. They are a great baking apple and taste delicious. You can leave the skin on or remove it for this recipe. Just be sure to dice the apples small, about the size of a dime. Once the better is mixed, you can split it between two 8×3 7/8th inch foil baking tins. I like using the foil baking tins because they are easy to work with. Let the bread cool on a wire rack before enjoying. You can easily cover the second loaf and freeze it.
Store this apple bread on the counter covered for three to four days. You can also freeze this bread just make sure it is well covered. I place mine in a Ziplock freezer bag for extra protection. These breads will last for 30-60 days in the freezer. Thaw by placing them in the refrigerator overnight. Serve warm or room temperature. This recipe makes two loaves with eight slices per loaf. Please see below for nutritional information.
Cinnamon Apple Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar, cane sugar will work as well
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Honey crisp apples, diced small, skin on or off
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, to dust the diced apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 cups AP flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Two 8×3 ⅞" inch foil baking pans
- 3 mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray your foil baking containers with baking spray. Set them aside.
- Cream the room temperature butter and coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add one egg at a time, making sure to whisk until well combined.
- Next, you’ll add the vanilla and 2% milk into the butter / sugar/ egg mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, add the diced apples, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss everything together until the apples are well coated in the spices.
- In a third bowl, you will combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the AP flour, baking soda and salt together. Stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the batter forms.
- Next, you’ll gently fold in the seasoned apples.
- Once the apples are evenly spread throughout the batter, you will split the batter between the two, 8×3⅞” inch foil baking pans.
- Bake for 42-45 minutes or until cooked through.