Tzatziki Snack Board
This tzatziki snack board is easy to make, delicious and perfect for any gathering. I prepared this snack board as an appetizer for a recent Syrian bread making party. We all enjoyed little nibbles of tangy tzatziki, veggies and shrimp while learning how to make the most delicious homemade Syrian bread. Let me tell you, this Tzatziki snack board does not disappoint. (All of the recipes in this post are inspired by Mediterranean recipes and flavors.)
The green beans were lightly tossed in garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. I tossed them with some lightly toasted almonds which really took the beans to the next level.
Next, I simply pan seared some peeled and deveined shrimp. Seasoned in salt and pepper, the shrimp were simple but oh so tasty. The combination of green beans, shrimp, Stonefire naan dippers and homemade tzatziki was perfect!
Finally, I tried my hand at making some crispy eggplant, but it wasn’t a huge success. I am going to retest this recipe before sharing but was able to salvage a few pieces for the platter.
Tzatziki Snack Board
- 3.5 cups Greek yogurt , I used 2%
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , good olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1.5 cups cucumber , remove seeds using a spoon and dice small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
String Beans Almondine
- 24 ounces of string beans , 2 bags 12 ounces each
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
1 lb. Shrimp – peel and pat dry
- season with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 carton StoneFire naan dippers
- 1 lemon for lemon slices
- 2 large saute pans
- 1 skillet
- 1 bowl
- In a large mixing bowl combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, minced garlic, dice cucumbers, olive oil, fresh chopped dill and salt. Stir until well combined. Set the tzatziki sauce aside.
- Next, cook your green beans according to the package. I like mine al dente. (aka a little undercooked so they have a crisp when you bite into them)
- Add the al dente cooked green beans into a large sauté pan with the olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Season everything with salt and pepper. Simmer over low medium heat. You do not want to overcook your green beans.
- In a separate skillet, lightly brown your almond slices. They will brown quickly so keep an eye on them.
- Toss the golden almond slices in with the green bean mixture and mix until well combined. Remove from the heat.
- As a final step, before we assemble the dish you will pan sear your shrimp.
- Peel and devein your shrimp. Pat them dry and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan add the butter, garlic and prepared shrimp. Cook for 3- 4minutes on each side. This will vary depending on the size of your shrimp. Once fully cooked through, remove them from the heat.
Assemble the board:
- Add the tzatziki into a large bowl and place it in the center of the board.
- Surround the bowl with the StoneFire naan dippers.
- Next, add the green beans to one side of the platter.
- Add the crispy shrimp to the other side of the platter. Tuck in some fresh lemon slices and serve.
- You can also refrigerate this board for a few hours before serving. It will taste great served cold too!