Street Corn Guacamole
Creamy, spicy, and topped with juicy grilled corn and queso fresco, this street corn guacamole recipe is the only guacamole recipe you will need. Perfect with tortilla chips, naan bread, celery sticks, or carrots, just about anything goes with this delicious dip recipe. Enjoy this street corn guacamole as a delicious appetizer during your next gathering.
About this Street Corn Guacamole Recipe
Traditional guacamole calls for raw onion and garlic. This recipe skips the raw onion and garlic as it has a lot of other flavors happening.
This street corn guacamole recipe calls for diced red bell peppers, finely diced jalapeno, chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and salt. You’ll top this dip with grilled corn kernels and crumbled queso fresco. Queso fresco is a salty Mexican cheese. It adds so much flavor to this recipe.
When dicing fresh jalapeno, be sure to remove the seeds and veins on the inside of the jalapeno. This will reduce the heat level in the jalapeno. That said, if you like it spicy, you can leave the seeds and veins in the recipe. Just be sure not to touch your eyes after handling the jalapeno. It’s probably best practice to wear gloves.
Top this easy guacamole recipe with a few extra leaves of fresh cilantro. You can also chop the cilantro and mix it into the recipe. Not a fan of fresh cilantro, no worries. Simply leave it out of the recipe all together. With or without the cilantro, this recipe combines tasty street corn with traditional guacamole for the perfect flavor match up.
Store any leftover guacamole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. If it igets too much oxygen, the avocado will begin to brown.
One way to prevent browning is to squeeze a thin layer of lime juice over the top of the guacamole. Or, you can add a thin layer of plastic wrap to the top of the guacamole before sealing it closed.
Loaded with healthy fats, avocados are also a rich source of nutrients and fiber. Fiber aids in healthy digestion, and has shown to have metabolic benefits as well. (1)
Lime juice is loaded with vitamin C, supporting a healthy immune system. It has also been known to decrease the risk of heart disease and certain cancer types. (2)
Street Corn Guacamole
- 3 large avocados, peel and pit
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely diced, remove seeds and veins
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped small
- 1 ear grilled corn, remove kernels from cob
- ¼ cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled on top
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 grill
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice, and salt. Mix well. Next, you'll gently fold in the cilantro, diced red bell pepper, and diced jalapeno.
- Grill an ear of corn and carefully remove the kernels from the cob. Once cool, top the guacamole with the grilled corn kernels.
- Crumble the queso fresco and add sprinkle it over the top. Add a few extra leaves of fresh cilantro if you desire.
- Serve with tortilla chips, naan bread or anything you like to use for dipping.