Creamy, spicy, and topped with grilled corn, this guacamole recipe is the only guacamole recipe you will need. Perfect with tortilla chips, nan bread, celery sticks, or carrots, you can plunge just about anything into this tasty dip.
For this recipe, I’ve added sweet red bell peppers and left out the raw onion and garlic. Topped with grilled corn and salty queso fresco, this recipe combines tasty street corn with traditional guacamole for the perfect flavor match up!
What makes it Healthyish?
Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, nutrients and fiber. Fiber aids in healthy digestion, and has shown to have metabolic benefits as well. (1)
Lime juice is loaded with vitamin C, supporting a healthy immune system. It has also been known to decrease the risk of heart disease and certain cancer types. (2)
Street Corn Guacamole
- mixing bowl
- 3 avocados peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced small
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ear of corn grilled and shave off of the cob
- queso fresco cheese crumbled on top
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peeled and smashed avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt, diced red bell pepper, and diced jalapeno. Mix well.
- Grill an ear of corn and remove the kernels from the cob. Top the guacamole with the grilled corn pieces.
- Crumble the queso fresco and add sprinkle it over everything.
- Serve with tortilla chips, nan bread or anything you like to use for dipping.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a home cook, recipe developer and the creator of the brand, Healthyish®. Sarah believes that living Healthyish® is a lifestyle centered around the 80/20 rule. Her beliefs are directly reflected in her recipes which are mostly plant-based. (but sometimes not) Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!