Street Corn Guacamole
Creamy, spicy, and topped with juicy grilled corn and queso fresco, this street corn guacamole recipe is the only guacamole recipe you will need. Perfect with tortilla chips, naan bread, celery sticks, or carrots, just about anything goes with this delicious dip recipe. Enjoy this street corn guacamole as a delicious appetizer during your next gathering.
About this recipe
Traditional guacamole calls for raw onion and garlic. I skipped the raw onion and garlic because I do not like it in my guacamole. For this street corn guacamole recipe, I added sweet red bell peppers, grilled corn, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and spices. You will top this street corn guacamole with crumbled queso fresco. Queso fresco is a salty Mexican cheese. It can be used as a topping or for stuffing. It adds so much flavor to this recipe.
When dicing the fresh jalapeno, be sure to remove the seeds and veins on the inside of the jalapeno. This will reduce the heat level in the jalapeno. That said, if you like it spicy, you can leave the seeds and veins in the recipe. Just be sure not to touch your eyes after handling the jalapeno. It’s probably best practice to wear gloves.
Top this easy guacamole recipe with a few extra leaves of fresh cilantro. You can also chop the cilantro and mix it into the recipe. Not a fan of fresh cilantro, no worries. Simply leave it out of the recipe all together. With or without the cilantro, this recipe combines tasty street corn with traditional guacamole for the perfect flavor match up.
Store any leftover guacamole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. If it igets too much oxygen, the avocado will begin to brown. Looking for more tasty appetizers? Try my sesame tuna tostadas with spicy mango salsa or my BBQ chicken meatballs.
- Loaded with healthy fats, avocados are also a rich source of nutrients and fiber. Fiber aids in healthy digestion, and has shown to have metabolic benefits as well. (1)
- Lime juice is loaded with vitamin C, supporting a healthy immune system. It has also been known to decrease the risk of heart disease and certain cancer types. (2)
Street Corn Guacamole
- 3 large avocados, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice , fresh squeezed
- 2-3 tablespoons jalapeno , minced, remove seeds and veins
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 ear grilled corn , remove kernels from cob
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced small
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup queso fresco cheese , crumbled on top
- mixing bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peeled and smashed avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt, cilantro, diced red bell pepper, and diced jalapeno. Mix well.
- Grill an ear of corn and carefully remove the kernels from the cob. Top the guacamole with the grilled corn kernels.
- Crumble the queso fresco and add sprinkle it over everything. Add a few extra leaves of fresh cilantro if you desire.
- Serve with tortilla chips, naan bread or anything you like to use for dipping.