Creamy Salmon Salad
Re-use leftover salmon from your Baked Salmon with Spicy Creamy Sauce dinner and turn it into this light and healthy creamy salmon salad. Perfect for those days when you want a fast and healthy lunch recipe and dont have a ton of time. This salmon recipe is so versatile it’s perfect as a meal prep item too. Enjoy it for dinner or lunch, either way you’re going to love this healthy fish recipe.
About this recipe
This creamy salmon salad checks all the boxes. The celery adds a tasty crunch, while the green apple and diced onion add a level of flavor that’s hard to beat. I enjoyed mine over a piece of buttered toast, but you can also enjoy this salmon salad tucked inside of a wrap. For a lower carb option, try adding it to lettuce cups.
Should you have any leftover spicy creamy sauce from the night before, you can also add a drizzle of the sauce to this recipe. It will add a small punch of spice and flavor to the leftovers. I also like to add fresh herbs to my salmon salad. Italian parsley, chopped fresh cilantro or even fresh chopped dill would all taste great. Feel free to get as creative as you want. This salmon recipe is so versatile you are guaranteed to enjoy it. Plus, it feels good to use up leftovers.
Store any leftover salmon salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reuse leftovers in a variety of ways listed above.
Creamy Salmon Salad
- 6 ounces Leftover Spicy Creamy Salmon
- ¼ cup green apple, diced
- ¼ cup celery, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, fresh chopped
- mixing bowl
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine the diced apple, onion, celery and a squeeze of lemon juice. Blend well.
- Next, you’ll add in your leftover spicy creamy salmon filet. Using a fork, lightly flake the salmon and combine it with the other ingredients. The spicy creamy sauce will bind everything together.
- Serve over buttered toast, in a wrap or on top of a lettuce cup. Enjoy!