Healthyish Chicken Salad
Simple ingredients, juicy chicken and light dressing, this Healthyish chicken salad is so tasty you’ll be making it all the time. Perfect for warm summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven. This chicken salad will keep you cool and totally satisfied. Loaded with healthy ingredients, you’ll definitely be craving more.
Make this chicken salad as a meal prep item through the week for a light and healthy lunch option. The lean chicken breasts are loaded with protein which will help keep you feeling full throughout the day. To keep this recipe low carb, enjoy this chicken salad inside of a lettuce cup. However, it tastes great tucked inside of a wrap too.
About this recipe
This Healthyish chicken salad recipe is loaded with tender chicken breasts, and a tangy light dressing. For a little spice, try adding diced jalapeno. The jalapeno will add some more texture and spice. You can also try adding sliced avocado or even some shredded mozzarella cheese. A touch of crumbled cheddar would taste great too. That’s what’s so great about this recipe. You can feel free to get creative and really make it your own.
When prepping the chicken, make sure you boil it for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it cools, cube the chicken into evenly sized pieces. You will want them to be bite size so the chicken is easy to eat. This recipe makes four light servings or two very hearty servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three-four days. Serve chilled, over salad, tucked inside of a wrap, or over lettuce cups. Looking for more lunch recipes? Try my tuna noodle pasta salad its light healthy and delicious.
Healthyish Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, about 2 breasts boiled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, I used 0% Fage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- ¼ cup shallots, diced small
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, sliced or crushed works fine, optional
- sauce pot
- mixing bowl
- Boil a pot of water and add the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes or until it's fully cooked through. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- While the boiled chicken breasts are cooling, grab a large mixing bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the sliced celery and diced shallots.
- Once the chicken is cool, cube the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add it to the bowl with everything else. Toss until all of the chicken is well coated.
- Top with crushed or sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes in an airtight container before serving.
4 Comments on “Healthyish Chicken Salad”
Pingback: Buffalo-Style Chicken Salad - Healthyish Foods
OMG This recipe was delicious!!! Really easy for a quick dinner and super healthy!
Pingback: Light and Creamy Crab Salad - Healthyish Foods
I love this blog.