Simple ingredients, juicy chicken and light dressing, this Healthyish chicken salad is so tasty you’ll be making it all the time. Perfect for warm days when you don’t want to turn on the oven, this chicken salad will keep you cool and totally satisfied. Loaded with healthy ingredients, you’ll definitely be craving more.
I love this recipe so much because the meat is so tender and it’s so easy to make. I enjoyed mine on top of butter lettuce cups, but you can also load this chicken salad on top of bread or inside of a warm naan pita. No matter how you serve it up, you’re in for a tasty meal!
Healthyish Chicken Salad
- sauce pot
- mixing bowl
- 1 lb chicken breast about 2 breasts
- ¼ cup mayonaisse
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup celery sliced
- ⅓ cup diced shallots
- ⅓ cup toasted almond slices
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Boil some water and add the chicken breasts. Let them cook for about 15 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken breasts are cooling, grab a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayo, Dijon mustard, sliced celery, diced shallots, toasted almond slices, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Cube the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add it to the bowl with everything else. Toss until all of the chicken is well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!