This shrimp linguini with roasted red pepper sauce recipe has been one of my favorites for years. Made from 9 simple ingredients, this recipe is loaded with flavor and completely satisfying.
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner at home. The sauce is light, creamy and slightly spicy. While the shrimp are plump and juicy! This is one of those recipes that will look like it took a lot of work, but is easy to make and so delicious. Your family will love this shrimp linguini dish!
Substitute crispy tofu or tempeh for the shrimp and you have a fully plant-based meal. The sauce is completely vegan as long as you make sure to use vegan butter. I like using earth balance brand, but any vegan butter will work.
Finally, if you are looking for a delicious dessert that goes with this meal, give my no bake vegan cheesecake a try! It’s so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Shrimp Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- food processor or blender
- pasta pot
- saute pan – large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil I used Delallo Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon butter I used Earth Balance Brand because its vegan.
- 1 jar roasted red peppers with the juice 1lb total: 12 ounces or 1.5 cups of roasted red peppers and 4 ounces or a 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice 28 ounces
- 1 large white or yellow onion cut into slices
- 3-4 cloves garlic cut into slices
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. linguine pasta
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a pot of water for your pasta. Season the water with salt.
- Over medium heat add butter and olive oil to a large sauté pan with sides.
- Add the sliced garlic and sliced white or yellow onion. Let the onion and garlic cook until they begin to turn translucent but not brown.
- Add the jar of roasted red peppers and the juice. You should use about 12 ounces or 1.5 cups of roasted red peppers and about 4 ounces or a ½ cup of the juice.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the juice.
- Season with salt, pepper, and some red pepper flakes. I like mine spicy, so I used a healthy pinch of pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Simmer of medium/low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Once fully combined, add the onion, red pepper mixture into the food processor or blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, no lumps.
- Pour the sauce back into the sauté pan. Simmer over low heat until it reaches the thickness you desire. If it gets too thick, simply add a little pasta water or veggie broth to thin it out.
- Next, you’ll add the peeled and deveined shrimp into the sauce. They will cook in the pan and add a lot of flavor to the sauce as well.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!