Linguini with Crab
This linguini with crab meat pasta recipe is the seafood pasta recipe you never knew you needed. The white wine lemon butter sauce tastes amazing with the juicy jumbo lump crab meat and al dente linguini pasta. Tossed with fresh herbs, seasonings and a homemade breadcrumb, this recipe is insanely delicious. What’s great is that the entire dish comes together in 30-40 minutes. Plus, you only need two pans, making clean up a breeze.
Seeing how jumbo lump crab meat can be expensive, this recipe is perfect for special occasions like Mother’s Day, Birthday’s or Holidays. You can also use the remaining eight ounces of crab meat in another recipe. Mix it with some backfin crab meat to make delicious and simple crab cakes. Or serve it chilled with a side of cocktail sauce. No matter what, you’re going to love this flavorful crab meat.
About the recipe
For this linguini with crab recipe, I used jumbo lump crab meat. The jumbo lump works best because you get a huge juicy piece of crab meat in every bite. Plus, the jumbo lump has the perfect amount of crab flavor, making this dish insanely delicious. I’m not exaggerating, I could have literally finished the entire pan. This recipe is that good.
As far as pasta goes, I like using Delallo Foods linguini. This recipe is reminiscent of linguini and clams but with a fun twist. That said, you can use any pasta shape you like. I do suggest however, that you cook the pasta al dente. The pasta will continue to cook in the sauce, so you do not want it to get too mushy.
Store this pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat this dish, simply add a small amount of olive oil to a pan and toss everything together. You can also microwave this recipe as well.
Linguini with Crab
Pasta, crab and sauce
- 8 ounces linguini pasta, cooked al dente
- ½ cup pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , drizzle on the pasta
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat , with the juice
- ¼ cup salted butter , 4 tablespoons
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¾ cup shallots, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine , I like sauvignon blanc
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed, plus extra lemon for lemon wedges
- ¼ cup Italian parsley , chopped fresh, plus extra as garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs , I used 1.5 slices of stale Texas toast remove crust
- ½ tablespoon Romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pasta pot
- 3.5-quart sauteuse pan
Prepare the breadcrumbs:
- Preheat your broiler in the oven.
- Grab about 1.5 -2 slices of stale Texas toast.
- Remove the crust and add it to a food processor. Buzz the bread until the breadcrumbs are small, no large pieces.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a baking tray, and toss them with the parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes making sure to toss the breadcrumbs every 1-2 minutes to prevent burning.
- Once the breadcrumbs are golden brown, set them aside.
Prepare the pasta:
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to the package. Al dente preferred as the pasta will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Reserve a ½ cup pasta water.
- Drain the remaining water using a colander. Drizzle the pasta with olive oil and set it aside.
Prepare the sauce:
- In a 3.5-quart sauteuse pan over medium heat add the butter, minced garlic, and shallots.
- Once the shallots and garlic are fragrant and translucent, deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Next, add the lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Then, you will reduce the heat to low and add 8 ounces of the jumbo lump crab meat with the juice. Gently toss everything together, trying not to break the jumbo crab meat up too much.
- Add about ¼ cup of the pasta water. I used a little more than a ¼ cup.
- Next, you will add the cooked linguini into the pan with the sauce and crab meat. Gently toss everything together.
- Top with the tossed breadcrumbs and some extra fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!