This homemade pink vodka sauce recipe is perfect any night of the week. Made from simple, comforting ingredients, this vodka sauce is guaranteed to be a family favorite. Simply toss your favorite cooked pasta in this creamy pink sauce and you’re in for a delicious homemade meal.
About this Pink Vodka Sauce Recipe
This creamy vodka sauce recipe is quintessential comfort food. This sauce tastes best with a pasta cut like penne, fusilli, rigatoni or gemelli. Small cut pasta with ridges on the outside hold onto the creamy sauce the best. With these cuts of pasta, you’ll get a saucy bite every single time.
Be sure to cook your pasta al dente. The pasta will continue to cook in the sauce, and you don’t want it to get soggy. For this recipe, I also used shallots instead of onions. The shallots make this sauce flavorful but not overpowering. Just be sure to dice them small. I added red pepper flakes, but this step is optional. I like having a little heat in my vodka sauce.
For a slightly lighter sauce recipe, use half and half instead of heavy cream. You can also use olive oil instead of butter. However, this vodka sauce recipe is best enjoyed exactly as its listed below.
How to Use Vodka Sauce
I use this sauce in a variety of ways. Tossed with pasta or smothered over chicken, this sauce is perfect any way you serve it.
Store any leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in a sauce pot or the microwave. This recipe makes five servings of sauce and pasta. Please see below for nutritional information. Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Cacio e Pepe
- Shrimp Scampi with Linguini and Broccoli Rabe
- Mini Gnocchi with Pomodoro Sauce
- Lemon Butter Pasta with Seared Scallops
- 10 ounces pasta, al dente
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup shallots, diced small
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, about 3-4 cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup vodka
- 15 ounce tomato sauce, canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- pasta pot
- saute pan
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta al dente.
- Drain off the water and drizzle the pasta with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add the butter, shallots and garlic.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the tomato paste. Stir well.
- Next, deglaze the pan with vodka.
- Once the vodka reduces, add the canned tomato sauce, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Next, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is fully melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss everything together.
- Top with more red pepper flakes, crushed black pepper, fresh parsley or basil.