Quick Homemade Ramen
Made mostly from pantry staples, this quick homemade ramen recipe is an easy to make and delicious. Loaded with flavor you’ll be shocked that this ramen recipe comes together in 20 minutes. This easy dinner recipe is perfect any night of the week.
About this recipe
For this recipe, I topped quick homemade ramen with a delicious poached egg. When the runny yolk mixes with the spicy ramen it creates a spicy creamy sauce that is hard to resist. Top this quick homemade ramen recipe with any toppings you desire. Some tasty topping ideas include, crushed peanuts for crunch, toasted sesame seeds for flavor and chopped fresh scallions for some bite. I added all three of these toppings and it was absolutely delicious.
When preparing the ramen noodles, you will not be needing the spice packet that comes with it. You can discard that or save it for another recipe down the road. When boiling the ramen noodles, you will want to make sure they are al dente. If you over cook them, they will get mushy in this recipe.
The nutritional information below does not include the toasted sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, or poached egg.
Store any leftover ramen in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. Reheat in the microwave until it is heated through. Looking for more quick homemade dinner recipes? Try my plant based spicy tahini pasta with crispy tofu or my plant based jackfruit tacos recipe. Both are delicious dinner recipes that will become family favorites.
Quick Homemade Ramen
- 2 tablespoons butter, Earth Balance brand
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced – about 2 cloves
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger, remove the skin before mincing
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
Ramen and veggies:
- 2 blocks ramen, Top Ramen brand. No seasoning packets needed.
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned or sliced thinly
- 8 oz button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, poached, 1 egg per serving
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- pasta pot
Prepare the dish:
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Next, you’ll add in the minced garlic and ginger. Let this simmer until it begins to brown and is fragrant.
- Next, you’ll add diced onion, sliced button mushrooms, and julienned red pepper slices. Stir well.
- Once they begin to soften and brown, deglaze the pan with the veggie stock and soy sauce. Stir well making sure to scrape up all of the crispy bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Boil a pot of water and add two blocks of ramen, without seasoning.Drain off the water in a colander once the ramen is al dente. About 2 minutes.
- Add the al dente ramen in the pan with the vegetables and sauce. Stir well.
- Top with a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and ground pepper. Stir well.
- Let everything simmer in the pan until the ramen begins to get slightly crispy on the edges. Once this happens you can turn off the heat, top with your favorite protein and serve.
2 Comments on “Quick Homemade Ramen”
I’ve made this several times now and I swear it tastes incredible each time. I’m now getting adventurous with my veggies! It’s become my go-to cravings recipe!
This recipe was SO easy and so flavorful! The ingredients are easy and doesn’t require much as I was able to make it in between work calls. Who needs takeout when you have this recipe? Plus it’s healthy and you save money 😀