Creamy Alfredo Pasta
This creamy Alfredo pasta checks all the boxes. It’s made from a few simple ingredients, easy to make, and loaded with flavor. Perfect for nights when you want a delicious pasta recipe without all the fuss. Oh, and this creamy Alfredo pasta recipe is completely vegan too.
About this Creamy Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Serve this creamy Alfredo pasta recipe any night of the week. My husband, Dan, tried it and he had no idea it was completely vegan. The texture of the sauce is so creamy and cheesy, it’s unreal. This is one of those meals you will want to have in your arsenal of quick dinner recipes that everyone will love. Personally, I like to add extra Alfredo sauce to my pasta, but you can keep it light too. Either way, I can guarantee your family will be reaching for more.
For this recipe, it’s important to note that you should soak your raw unsalted cashews in water overnight. If you forget to soak them overnight, simply soak them for 5-6 hours at room temperature the same day.
This recipe makes four light servings or two main dinner servings.
Store any leftover creamy Alfredo pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more plant-based dinner recipes? Try my crispy tofu with spicy brown sauce and mango salsa.
Creamy Alfredo Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon butter, Earth Balance
- 1 cup soaked raw unsalted cashews
- 1-2 cups reserved pasta water, use as needed
- ½ cup yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 colander
- 1 pasta pot
- 1 saucepan
- 1 blender
- ** Soak 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews overnight in water. **
- Boil a pot of water and cook your pasta according to the package. Al dente preferred. Reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water. Drain off water and set noodles aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the plant-based butter and onion. Sweat until it's translucent.
- Drain the water from the cashews. Add the soft cashews to pan with the onions. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Simmer over medium heat.Next, add the cashew, onion mixture into a blender. Add the nutritional yeast and 1 cup of reserved pasta water, blend well.
- Pour the creamy sauce back into the sauté pan and simmer over low heat. If the sauce is too thick, simply add more reserved pasta water and stir well.
- Add the cooked pasta and simmer everything together over low heat. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce until it is well coated. You can add more crushed black pepper and a pinch of salt to taste if you desire. Serve and enjoy!