Homemade Zucchini Bread
Start your morning with this homemade zucchini bread. This recipe has been in my family for years and it’s one of the tastiest ways to enjoy zucchini. The bread is moist on the inside with a slightly crispy outer crust that tastes so delicious.
About this recipe
The original zucchini bread recipe that my mom uses makes two loaves of zucchini bread. I cut the recipe in half so that it would make only one loaf instead. However, if you want to make two loaves, skip the milk entirely and use 3 eggs instead. Then, you will simply double all of the other ingredients.
Another important step for this homemade zucchini bread, is to squeeze out any excess moisture from the zucchini after grating it. I used a paper towel, but you can use cheesecloth too. Either way will work perfectly.
You can enjoy this bread with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Serve it at room temperature or heat it in the toaster. Top it with butter, cream cheese, or even peanut butter for a fun and tasty twist. You can also enjoy it as is. This bread is so tasty you will have a hard time not finishing off the entire loaf.
If you make two loaves of zucchini bread, use foil baking pans to bake them in. This way you can immediately freeze one loaf after it cools. Just be sure to place it in an airtight freezer bag first. It will last 30-60 days in the freezer. Store your zucchini bread covered at room temperature. It will stay fresh on the countertop for 3-4 days.
Looking for more bread recipes? Try my old fashioned banana bread or my sour cream coffee cake loaf. Both are great in the morning with a hot cup of coffee.
Homemade Zucchini Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup zucchini – about 1 medium zucchini, grate and press out any moisture
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- large mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your egg until it is foamy.
- Add the cane sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla flavor, 2% milk, and zucchini. Stir well.
- Next, add the ap flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk until a batter begins to form.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
3 Comments on “Homemade Zucchini Bread”
Ugh this recipe is one of the best ones I have come across. I remember my grandma making this with zucchini from her garden! I like to keep mine in the fridge and spread some cream cheese on it. You should try this recipe!
Is this the same recipe in your recent video? I noticed that one showed using 2 eggs and this recipe says 1. Should we go with 2 or 1 ?
it’s the same! I made a double batch for two loaves.