French Bread Pizza (copycat Red Baron)
This French bread pizza recipe is a copycat version of Red Baron’s frozen pizza. It’s easy to make and delicious. Growing up French bread pizzas were always a staple in our home. There were always a few Red Baron boxes stashed away in the freezer. Any time we had friends over, we would heat up a few French bread pizzas in the toaster oven and enjoy them over a few laughs.
About this recipe
That’s why, I decided to recreate these tasty frozen pizzas but with fresh ingredients and a slightly more gourmet feel. What’s great, is that you can really customize this French bread pizza recipe any way you like. Typically, plain cheese is my go-to. However, for this pizza recipe, I used quartered pepperoni to give it the classic Red Barron pizza feel.
When prepping the French bread loaf, slice it in half lengthwise then again widthwise. You will end up with four pieces. Top it with the garlic infused olive oil and some fresh crack black pepper. Next, you’ll spoon on the pizza sauce. I like using Delallo pizza sauce, but you can use whatever you like.
Top with shredded mozzarella, oregano, salt and any toppings you desire. I used quartered pepperoni to give this French bread pizza recipe the Red Baron feel. However, vegetables, sausage, or any topping will work well too.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the pizza is melted and cheesy. This recipe makes 4 servings. Please see below for nutritional information.
Best eaten immediately. Store any leftover pizza covered in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave. If you’re looking for a tasty salad to pair with the French bread pizzas, try my simple salad recipe. It’s loaded with fresh herbs and is very easy to make!
French Bread Pizzas (copycat Red Baron)
- 1 loaf French bread, 10 inch loaf for this recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 6 ounces pizza sauce, 1 small jar, store leftover sauce covered in the refrigerator
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano, about 1/2 teaspoon per serving
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the French bread loaf in half lengthwise, then in half again widthwise. You should have 4 pieces.
- Next, in a small bowl combine the oil, garlic paste and a few cracks of fresh black pepper.
- Brush a light coating of the garlic infused oil over the inside of French bread.
- Next, you’ll add the pizza sauce. I used about 1.5 ounces per piece.
- Top with shredded mozzarella, oregano, and salt.
- Add the quartered pepperoni or any toppings you desire.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is extra melty on top. Keep a close eye on the pizzas when you broil to prevent them from burning.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Enjoy while they are hot!