Cilantro Lime Dressing
This cilantro lime dressing is the perfect compliment to so many recipes. In fact, I developed this tasty dressing almost ten years ago and it has become one of my favorite homemade dressing recipes for salads, kabobs and grilled summer vegetables.
Made from a few simple ingredients, this simple salad dressing is guaranteed to be a favorite. Just be sure that everyone in your family enjoys cilantro. Some people have a natural aversion to the taste. In which case, you may want to try something else.
About this Dressing Recipe
This homemade cilantro lime dressing recipe is super simple yet has a ton of flavor. Most recently, I used it to finish a tasty southwest salad. The salad had fresh, crispy romaine lettuce, avocado, corn, black beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Some days, I feel like I could drink it straight from the blender.
You can use this homemade cilantro lime dressing over grilled vegetables, salads and even chicken kabobs. The zippy flavor really helps to enhance these types of simple summer recipes.
Keep in mind, that if you enjoy a spicier dressing, you can add more jalapeño. For something a bit sweeter, try adding more honey. That’s what makes this recipe so great, you can really make it your own.
Store this simple cilantro lime salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Be sure to stir it before reusing it.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice , about 4 ripe limes – fresh squeezed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, remove the stems and pack it in the measuring cup
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium jalapeños, cut in half length-wise, remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 blender
- Cut and squeeze the juice of 4-5 medium sized limes. Add the fresh squeezed juice to your blender. Next, add the garlic and jalapeños to the blender.
- For a spicier dressing, leave the seeds and veins inside of the jalapeños. For a less spicy dressing, remove the seeds and veins from the inside of the jalapeños using a spoon. Be careful not to touch your eyes during this process.
- Remove the stems from your cilantro and add it to the blender. Add honey, Dijon mustard and the salt. Blend well.
- Slowly pour in your olive oil. Once the dressing is well combined, turn off the blender and enjoy.