This curry chickpeas salad is so versatile you’re going to find ways to add it to almost everything! For me, I like adding it to sandwiches or enjoying it with some tortilla chips as a pre-dinner snack. It’s creamy, flavorful and has just the right amount of spice!
What makes it Healthyish?
Using curry powder in recipes provides a variety of health benefits. Some experts believe that it can boost your immune system, fight inflammation and aid in healthy digestion. (1)
So, let’s get this recipe started!
Curry Chickpea Salad
- mixing bowl
- 1 can chickpeas
- ⅓ cup diced sweet onion white or yellow
- 1 stalk of celery slice very thin
- 3 tablespoons Vegenaise vegan mayo
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella daiya brand – dairy free and vegan
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Grab a colander and drain / rinse your chickpeas. As an extra step, I like to remove the skin from the chickpea, but you can skip this step if you want.
- Make sure the chickpeas are dry before adding them to your mixing bowl.
- In your mixing bowl combine the chickpeas, diced sweet onion, thinly sliced celery stalk, Vegenaise mayo, yellow curry powder, garlic powder, cumin powder and a healthy amount of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are well coated in the mayo and spices. Gently fold in the mozzerella shreds as a final step.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!