Easy Curry Chickpea Salad
This easy curry chickpea salad recipe is so versatile you can enjoy it in a variety of ways. Add it to sandwiches, tuck it in a wrap or enjoy it with a few tortilla chips. This easy curry chickpea salad is creamy, flavorful and has just the right amount of spice.
About this recipe
For this chickpea salad recipe, I made sure to remove the skin on the chickpea before combining them with the other ingredients. Removing the outer skin makes the chickpeas smooth and creamy. Simply pinch the side of the chickpea and the skin will slide right off. It does take a little bit of time to do this, but it is worth it.
What’s great about this curry chickpea salad recipe is that you can prep it for the week ahead. This salad is so versatile that you can enjoy it a variety of ways. Perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or a light pre-dinner appetizer. This is one of those recipes you will find yourself making on repeat.
Also, curry powder is known to provide a variety of health benefits. Some experts believe that it can boost your immune system, fight inflammation and aid in healthy digestion. To keep this recipe vegan, use vegan mayonnaise and vegan shredded cheese. Otherwise, you can use regular mayonnaise and shredded mozzarella cheese. Either way, this recipe is delicious.
This recipe makes four very light servings or two heartier servings. The nutritional information is listed below.
Store any leftover chickpea salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. Serve chilled when ready to enjoy. Looking for more quick and healthy lunch ideas? Try my tuna noodle pasta salad or my baked salmon salad. Both are easy to make lunch recipes.
Curry Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, 15 ounce can, remove outer skin
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- ½ cup celery , sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise , you can use vegan mayo instead
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese , you can use vegan cheese instead
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and black pepper
- mixing bowl
- Grab a colander and drain / rinse your chickpeas. As an extra step, I like to remove the skin from the chickpea, but you can skip this step if you want.
- Make sure the chickpeas are dry before adding them to your mixing bowl.
- In your mixing bowl combine, chickpeas, onion, celery, mayo, yellow curry powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are well coated in the mayonnaise and spices. Gently fold in the shredded mozzarella. Refrigerate covered for 15 minutes before enjoying.