Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
I made a quick impromptu lunch combining random pantry ingredients I had at home. What emerged, was this incredible tuna noodle pasta salad. Unlike tuna noodle casserole, this tuna noodle pasta salad recipe is served at room temperature or slightly chilled. It is light, healthy and delicious. So much so, that I had to give it a permanent home here on the blog.
About this Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
What’s great about this tuna noodle pasta salad recipe is that it’s quick to make, and easy to customize. Add any veggies you desire. Personally, I used a more traditional veggie blend, but it would be good a variety of ways. Sliced bell peppers or grilled corn kernels would be a fun way to switch things up. Top with a few dashes of hot sauce and this is one lunch recipe that’s guaranteed to be on repeat.
When prepping this pasta salad recipe, be sure to cook the pasta al dente. This recipe tastes delicious with slightly firm pasta. Mixed with the light dressing and this recipe is a winner.
Toss the cooked pasta, onions and celery in the dressing until well combined. Add the EVOO canned tuna with the olive oil and juice. Toss everything together. Top the entire tuna noodle pasta salad with minced jalapeno, fresh sliced avocado, and quartered or halved hard boiled eggs.
Option to grate one of the hard boiled eggs over the top for a cheese like texture. You can also use medium boiled or jammy eggs if you prefer. Serve at room temperature or slight chilled. Please note, the olive oil will harden if it gets too cold.
This recipe makes two hearty servings or four light servings. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. If you’re looking for more quick and healthy lunch recipes, try my Mediterranean Salmon Salad or my Spicy Kani Cucumber Salad. Both are great lunch recipes.
Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
- 4 ounces pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 can EVOO tuna, with oil
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, diced or grated
- ¼ cup sweet onion , diced small, or shallots
- ¼ cup celery, diced small
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely diced, remove seeds and veins
- 2 tablespoons dill , freshly chopped
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced as garnish
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt, or mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pasta pot
- 1 colander
- 1 whisk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Next, add the cooked pasta, diced onion, diced celery, diced jalapeno, 1 can of EVOO tuna with the oil and roughly chopped dill. Toss until well combined.
- Top everything with fresh avocado, and sliced hard boiled eggs. You can also grate or dice the eggs if you prefer.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled and enjoy!