Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
I made a quick impromptu lunch combining random pantry ingredients I had at home. What emerged, was this incredible tuna noodle pasta salad. Unlike tuna noodle casserole, this tuna noodle pasta salad recipe is served at room temperature or slightly chilled. It is light, healthy and delicious. So much so, that I had to give it a permanent home here on the blog.
About this Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
What’s great about this tuna noodle pasta salad recipe is that it’s quick to make, and easy to customize. Add any veggies you desire. Personally, I used a more traditional veggie blend, but it would be good a variety of ways. Sliced bell peppers or grilled corn kernels would be a fun way to switch things up. Top with a few dashes of hot sauce and this is one lunch recipe that’s guaranteed to be on repeat.
When prepping this pasta salad recipe, be sure to cook the pasta al dente. This recipe tastes delicious with slightly firm pasta. Next, you’ll mix together the light dressing. If you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, you can swap it for Greek yogurt.
Toss the cooked pasta, onions and celery in the dressing until well combined. Add the EVOO canned tuna with the olive oil and juice. Toss everything together. Top the entire tuna noodle pasta salad with minced jalapeno, fresh sliced avocado, and quartered or halved hard boiled eggs. You can also use medium boiled eggs if you prefer. Serve at room temperature or slight chilled. Just be careful because the olive oil will harden if it gets too cold.
This recipe makes two hearty servings or four light servings. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. If you’re looking for more quick and healthy lunch recipes, try my Mediterranean salmon salad or my spicy kani cucumber salad. Both are great lunch recipes.
Tuna Noodle Pasta Salad
- 4 ounces casarecce pasta, al dente
- 1 can EVOO tuna, Starkist brand
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- ⅓ cup white onion , diced small
- ⅓ cup celery, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, minced
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- mixing bowl
- pasta pot
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Next, you’ll add the cooked casarecce pasta, 1 can of EVOO tuna with the oil, diced onion, and sliced celery. Toss until well combined.
- Top everything with minced jalapeno, fresh avocado, and sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Optional toppings include, hot sauce and a few sprinkles of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled and enjoy!