Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Green Apple and Balsamic Glaze
Looking for a delicious and quick fall side dish? Look no further! This oven roasted Brussel sprouts, green apple and balsamic glaze recipe is easy to make and incredibly delicious. Jam packed with a variety of fall favorites, this easy recipe is a must-try.
About this Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
This oven roasted Brussel sprouts recipe is guaranteed to be a family favorite. There is something about the tart apples, silky balsamic glaze, melty cheese and crispy Brussel sprouts that just tastes so good. I honestly had a hard time not finishing off the entire tray.
Additionally, this roasted Brussel sprouts, green apple and balsamic glaze recipe can be served with so many different entrees. Pan roasted chicken, grilled fish, or even crispy tofu would all be great protein options for this side dish. Serve this recipe at Thanksgiving dinner for an awesome side dish recipe.
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts
When prepping the Brussel sprouts be sure to rinse them and remove the stems. I cut my Brussel sprouts into rounds but you can cut them in half as well. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
While the sprouts are roasting, julienne or cube your granny smith apples. Be sure to remove the core, and leave the skin on. Once they are ready, toss them with lemon juice. Add the prepared apples to the baking tray with the roasted Brussel sprouts for the last 10 minutes of cooking. You’ll want the apples to be fragrant and warmed through, but not mushy.
Once the sprouts and apples are cooked, top the entire dish with shaved parmesan cheese. Broil everything for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. As a finishing touch, drizzle the entire dish with balsamic glaze. Serve warm and enjoy.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Made with one baking tray, cleanup is a breeze. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Additionally, any leftovers can be tossed in a salad or heated and enjoyed with some eggs. This easy side dish recipe is super versatile and seriously delicious. Looking for more delicious side dishes? Try my,
- scalloped potatoes with caramelized onions
- cheesy broccoli and rice casserole
- easy stuffing recipe
- candied sweet potatoes
- cornbread pudding
Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Green Apple and Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. Brussel sprouts, rinse, dry, remove stems and half
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese, shaved not grated
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, drizzle over everything
- baking tray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently spray a baking tray with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Rinse and slice the stems off of your brussel sprouts. I cut mine into rounds, but you can quarter them as well.
- Place them on the baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast the brussel sprouts for 30 minutes or until they are slightly crispy and soft in the center.
- Next, julienne or cube your green apples, leaving out the core. I left the skin on mine to prevent the apples from getting too soft when baking.
- Once the apples are cut, gently toss them with the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Set aside.
- Add the apples to the baking tray with the Brussel sprouts for the last 10 minutes of baking. This will warm them just enough, so they are fragrant but not mushy.
- Sprinkle the entire tray with the shaved parmesan cheese and broil the entire dish for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- As a final step, drizzle the entire dish with reduced balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!