Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Green Apple and Balsamic Glaze
Looking for a delicious and quick fall side dish? Look no further! This oven roasted Brussel sprouts, green apple and balsamic glaze recipe is easy to make and incredibly delicious. Made from a few simple ingredients, this easy side dish is the perfect fall recipe.
About this Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
This oven roasted Brussel sprouts recipe is guaranteed to be a family favorite. There is something about the tart apples, silky balsamic glaze, melty cheese and crispy Brussel sprouts that just tastes so good together. I honestly had a hard time not finishing off the entire tray.
Additionally, this roasted Brussel sprouts, green apple and balsamic glaze recipe can be served with so many different entrees. Pan roasted chicken, grilled fish, or even crispy tofu would all be great protein options for this side dish. Or, serve this recipe at Thanksgiving dinner for an awesome side dish recipe.
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts
When prepping the Brussel sprouts be sure to rinse them well and remove the stems. Then you’ll slice them in half. Large Brussel sprouts can but sliced into quarters. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven for 25 minutes.
While the sprouts are roasting, dice the granny smith apple into bite-sized pieces. Be sure to remove the core, and leave the skin on. Once they are ready, toss them with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Remove the baking tray from the oven and add toss the apples with the brussel sprouts. Let everything roast together for the remaining 10-15 minutes of roasting. You’ll want the apples to be fragrant and warmed through, but not mushy. Total roasting time is 35-40 minutes.
Once the brussels and apples are roasted, top the entire dish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve warm and enjoy. This recipe makes 4 servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Made with one baking tray, cleanup is a breeze. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Additionally, any leftovers can be tossed in a salad or heated and enjoyed with some eggs. This easy side dish recipe is super versatile and seriously delicious. Looking for more delicious side dishes? Try my,
Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Green Apple and Balsamic Glaze
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, rinse, dry, remove stems and halve
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, wash, core and dice medium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, drizzled over everything
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 baking tray lined with parchment
- 1 mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Rinse and remove the stems from your brussel sprouts, then cut them in half. Add them to a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Place them on the prepared baking tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Next, wash, core and medium dice your green apple. Add the diced apple to a mixing bowl and toss with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Remove the baking tray with the sprouts from the oven after 25 minutes and add the apples. Carefully toss the brussels and apples together and place back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes. You want to warm the apples just enough so they are fragrant but not mushy.
- Remove the tray from the oven, top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Hit the entire dish with a few turns of cracked black pepper. Serve hot and enjoy.