Light and Creamy Crab Salad
Light and healthy, this creamy crab salad recipe is easy to make and delicious. Perfect for meal prep through the week, you can enjoy this crab salad in a variety of ways. Enjoy this creamy crab salad on a toasted buttered roll or on top of a leafy green salad. You can also enjoy it with crackers or tucked inside of a tortilla wrap. Not matter how you serve it, this recipe is great.
About this light and creamy crab salad recipe
For this creamy crab salad recipe, I used lump crab meat. The lump crabmeat is great because you can easily mix it with the other ingredients. Be sure to drain off any excess liquid before combining the crab meat with any of the other ingredients.
When prepping the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and spices. Stir until well combined. The dressing should be smooth and creamy, no lumps. Once the dressing is ready, gently fold the crab mixture with the dressing. Combine until the the crab is well coated in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate the crab salad for 30 minute to and hour before serving. Serve chilled.
My favorite way to enjoy this recipe, is on sandwich. Be sure to butter and toast the bun before loading in the crab mixture. The buttery toasted bun takes this recipe to the next level. Top with sliced avocado, onion, lettuce and more. You can enjoy this crab salad recipe in so many ways.
This crab salad recipe makes four, 4 ounce sandwiches. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftover crab covered in the refrigerator for three to four days. Serve chilled. Looking for more easy lunch recipes? Try my Healthyish chicken salad or my buffalo chicken salad recipe. Both of these recipes are delicious and very easy to make. Perfect for busy work weeks.
Light and Creamy Crab Salad
- 16 ounces lump crab meat, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup celery , about 3 stalks sliced thin
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt , 0% Fage
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 mixing bowls
- Drain any liquid off of the crab meat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the crab meat and gently loosen it with a fork.
- Next, add the sliced celery and diced onion. Gently stir together.
- In another small mixing bowl, mix together the sour cream, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, old bay seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Combine the crab mixture with the dressing. Gently fold all of the ingredients together.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
One Comment on “Light and Creamy Crab Salad”
I have made this twice one, once with imitation crab, and it’s a prefect easy way to use up crab after making another dish.