Light, creamy and delicious this crab salad is easy to make and perfect for lunch or brunch. I enjoyed mine on a toasted buttered roll, but this would taste great on top of a salad with crackers or tucked inside of a tortilla wrap.
To keep things on the lighter side, I used sour cream instead of mayonnaise. Sour cream has almost half the calories and fat of mayo. For an extremely light version, you could try Greek yogurt, but I haven’t tested the recipe this way. I really enjoyed it with the sour cream because it gave it a light tangy flavor. Paired with loads of toppings, this crab salad is a winner.
Light and Creamy Crab Salad
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 lb. crab meat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup celery – about 3 stocks
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay
- Salt pepper to taste
- Drain any liquid off of the crab meat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crab meat and gently loosen it with a fork.
- Next, add the lemon juice, sliced celery and diced onion. Gently stir together.
- In another small mixing bowl, mix together the sour cream, Dijon mustard, old bay seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Pour the sour cream dressing over the crab mixture and gently fold all of the ingredients together.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!