Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner this zucchini pizza is easy to make and incredibly delicious. Made from a few simple ingredients, this is one recipe you’ll turn to time and time again. I enjoyed mine for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, but this would also go great for brunch with a tasty mimosa. It’s always the right time to serve this delicious zucchini pizza.
About this recipe
Loaded with delicious ingredients, this zucchini pizza is hard to resist. Perfect for unloading all of your summer squash, this recipe is light, crispy and cheesy.
Be sure to use a mandoline to slice the zucchini into 1/8th inch thick rounds. The mandoline will ensure that all of the zucchini is evenly cut which promotes even baking. Once you slice the zucchini, place it on a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Also, be sure to saute it for 10 minutes only. If you over cook it in the pan, it will get soggy on the pizza.
If your crust begins to get too brown during baking, simply cover the crust with foil. Be sure to leave the center of the pizza exposed. The foil will stop the crust from getting too dark during baking. This recipe makes 12 large slices. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftover zucchini pizza covered in the refrigerator for three to four days. Enjoy chilled or warmed. Simply heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until its heated through. It will not take too long to reheat it. Looking for other tasty brunch ideas? Try my sour cream coffee cake loaf or my one bowl banana oat pancakes. Both will keep your guests happy and full.
Zucchini Mixture and Crescent Rolls:
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 zucchini, small- medium in size
- 1 white onion , diced small, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped small
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- baking tray
- saute pan
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the refrigerator and let them sit for 5 minutes before opening.
- Press the crescent rolls into the baking tray, making sure to seal the seams with your fingers. No need to spray the tray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini into even sized rounds. Repeat until all the zucchini are sliced. Place them on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Next, in a large saucepan add the butter, diced onion and minced garlic. Stir together.
- Then, add the zucchini, oregano, pepper and parsley and cook in the pan for 10 MINUTES ONLY!
- While the zucchini is cooking, quickly mix together the cheese sauce in a small mixing bowl. Add together the mayo, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Next, you’ll evenly smear the cheese sauce on top of the crescent rolls.
- Top with the zucchini onion mixture. Making sure the zucchini is spread out over the entire tray.
- Top with some shredded mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes. I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes to get the cheese extra bubbly on top. Just be careful that the dough doesn’t get too brown.
- Finish with fresh chopped chives, and extra parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!