Zucchini Crescent Pizza
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner this zucchini crescent pizza is easy to make and incredibly delicious. Made from a few simple ingredients, this is one of those recipes you’ll turn to time and time again. I enjoyed mine for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, but this would also go great for brunch with a tasty mimosa. It’s always the right time to serve this delicious zucchini crescent pizza!
I love this recipe because it includes delicious, tender zucchini! I don’t know about you guys, but I always have loads of zucchini from the garden in the Summer. I hate wasting it, so this is the perfect way to use a lot of zucchini in one delicious recipe. It’s light, crispy on the outside and cheesy in the center. What more can you ask for from a pizza?
Zucchini Crescent Pizza
Zucchini Mixture and Crescent Rolls:
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 small-medium sized zucchini
- 1 onion – white or yellow, diced small about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mayo
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, extra for garnish
- chives, to your liking
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- baking tray
- saute pan
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the refrigerator and let them sit for 5 minutes before opening.
- Press the crescent rolls into the baking tray, making sure to seal the seams with your fingers. No need to spray the tray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline slice the zucchini into even sized rounds. Repeat until all the zucchini are sliced.
- Next, in a large saucepan add the butter, diced onion and minced garlic. Stir together.
- Then, add the zucchini, oregano, pepper and parsley and cook in the pan for 10 MINUTES ONLY!
- While the zucchini is cooking quickly mix together the cheese sauce in a small mixing bowl. Add together the mayo, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Next, you’ll evenly smear the cheese sauce on top of the crescent rolls.
- Top with the zucchini onion mixture. Making sure the zucchini is spread out over the entire tray.
- Top with some shredded mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes. I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes to get the cheese extra bubbly on top. Just be careful that the dough doesn’t get too brown.
- Finish with fresh chopped chives, and extra parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!