Leftover Pasta Soup
This leftover pasta soup is the perfect way to use up leftover cooked angel hair pasta. What’s great is that this fun hack works in a variety of soup recipes. However, this recipe is quick, simple and delicious. Let me know if you give this hack a try!
Ingredients Needed for Leftover Pasta Soup
Olive oil / Butter – Heat a combination of butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. You’ll use this to sauté the vegetables.
Pasta – You’ll need leftover cooked angel hair pasta for this recipe. You can use as much or as little as you like.
Broth – For this recipe, I used chicken broth and water as the soup base. Be sure to season it with salt and pepper.
Vegetables / Herbs – Finely dice onion, carrots and celery for this soup recipe. You will also want to add minced garlic, freshly chopped Italian parsley, fresh squeezed lemon juice and a few red pepper flakes for some heat.
Cheese – Top the soup with grated parmesan cheese for an extra pop of flavor.
How to Make Leftover Pasta Soup
Heat olive oil and butter in a soup pot over medium high heat.
Add the minced garlic and finely diced onion, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until softened.
Next, add the chicken broth and water.
Then, add the chopped leftover angel hair pasta. Stir well.
Add the freshly chopped parsley, fresh squeezed lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
Season as needed and top with grated parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave.
Looking for more recipes?
Leftover Pasta Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely diced
- ½ cup carrots, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 4-5 cups water
- 2-3 cups angel hair pasta, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chop small
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese , sprinkle over the top
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste, optional, omit if you dont like spice
- 1 soup pot
- Heat olive oil and butter in a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and finely diced onion, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until softened.
- Next, add the chicken broth and water.
- Then, add the chopped leftover angel hair pasta. Stir well.
- Add the freshly chopped parsley, fresh squeezed lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Season as needed, top with grated parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
5 Comments on “Leftover Pasta Soup”
I saw this over on Instagram and had to give it a try. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. It was so easy and absolutely delicious. The lemon juice really freshened everything up.
Can I freeze this soup??
I havent tried it… i’m worried the pasta would get mushy.
Would it make much a difference if the pasta was fresh(like just boiled)? Maybe if I didn’t cook it fully, what do you think?
no, it would work fine!