Juicy Lobster Rolls
Nothing screams Summer quite like juicy lobster rolls. They’re meaty, buttery and loaded with flavor. With 6 simple ingredients, these tasty sandwiches come together in under 30 minutes.
While most lobster rolls incorporate mayonnaise, I like to keep mine simple. I really enjoy the flavor of the lobster meat and don’t want to mask it behind the mayonnasie. So, I keep my ingredients light, fresh and easy! Don’t get me wrong, I love mayonnaise, but not in this recipe.
Juicy Lobster Rolls
- 12 ounces of lobster meat , I had three 4-ounce tails
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic , pressed or you can use garlic paste too
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch Italian parsley, chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch salt
- Split top hot dog buns – buttered and toasted on a skillet.
- pasta pot to cook lobsters in
- saute pan
- Boil water and add the lobster tails. Cook until the tails are bright red in color or for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the tails from the water using tongs and let the lobster cool. You can even run it under cold water to help it cool off more quickly.
- Gently crack the shells and remove the meat, cut the meat into bite size pieces.
- In a sauté pan add the butter, pressed garlic, and lemon zest. Let it simmer over medium / low heat for a few minutes. You do not want the butter to brown so keep a close watch.
- Next, add the cubed lobster meat, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss everything together until the lobster is coated in the butter, lemon zest & juice, garlic and salt. I like my lobster meat to be a little crispy on the outside, so I let it cook in the pan for about 4-5 minutes. But since the meat is already cooked this will come together very quickly. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Butter your split top hotdog buns and let them brown in a pan. Once they have a crispy outside load in the lobster meat. Serve with a slice of fresh lemon and enjoy! You can also add some fresh chopped parsley or fresh chopped cilantro for some extra flavor!