Juicy Ground Chicken Burgers
These juicy ground chicken burgers are moist and flavorful! Perfect any night if the week; this chicken burger recipe comes together in under 30 minutes.
This recipe post is sponsored by Smart Chicken. I was compensated for my time, however, all opinions are my own.
About this recipe
For these juicy burgers, I used Smart Chicken’s ground chicken product. If you’ve been a part of this community for a while, then you know my love for Smart Chicken runs deeps. Their chickens are fed a high-quality diet, humanely handled, and never given antibiotics, hormones, or animal by-products. In fact, their products are the reason I started eating chicken again after nine years.
Tips and tricks for juicy chicken burgers
Ok, back to the burger recipe. When prepping the burgers, you’ll want to make sure you do not overwork the meat. This will help to keep the burgers light and juicy versus dense and firm. Also, make sure you oil your grill racks before you add the patties. Do this before the grill gets too hot so you do not get burned. Be sure to have a metal spatula handy so you can easily flip the burgers. Only flip them once and do not press down on the meat as it cooks.
How long to cook chicken burgers on the grill?
I grilled the chicken patties for 5-6 minutes per side. Make sure the lid is closed on the gas grill and the temperature should be between 375-425 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to ensure doneness. Once the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove them from the grill. You do not want them to overcook and dry out.
What to top your chicken burger with?
Top these juicy patties with cheese, special sauce, sliced tomato, thinly sliced white onion, and lettuce. Also be sure to butter and toast your bun. The buttery toasted bun takes this sandwich to the next level. This recipe is the ultimate chicken burger recipe.
Store any leftover burgers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat these patties in the microwave until heated through. This recipe makes 4-5 patties depending on size. Please see below for nutritional information. Looking for more burger recipes? Try my juicy chicken smash burgers or my broccoli cheddar chicken burgers. Both are easy to make and delicious.
Juicy Ground Chicken Burger
- 1 lb. ground chicken, Smart Chicken
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- sliced tomato
- white onion sliced thin
- gas grill
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Brush the racks with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, oregano, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Form the mixture into burger patties.
- Add the chicken burger patties to the gas grill.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, lid closed. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit the burgers are ready.
- Mix the special sauce. Mayonnaise, ketchup and Worcestershire.
- Remove burgers from the grill, top with cheese, special sauce, onions, tomato, lettuce and a buttery toasted bun.