Juicy Ground Chicken Burgers
These juicy ground chicken burgers are moist and flavorful! Perfect any night if the week, this chicken burger recipe comes together in under 30 minutes. This recipe is so simple that you’ll be coming back for more. It takes so little prep and tastes amazing.
This recipe post is sponsored by Smart Chicken. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are my own.
About this Chicken Burger recipe
For these juicy burgers, I used Smart Chicken’s ground chicken product. If you’ve been a part of this community for a while, then you know my love for Smart Chicken runs deeps. Their chickens are fed a high-quality diet, humanely handled, and never given antibiotics, hormones, or animal by-products. In fact, their products are the reason I started eating chicken again after nine years.
Tips and tricks for juicy chicken burger patties
- When prepping the burgers, you’ll want to make sure you do not overwork the meat. This will help to keep the burgers light and juicy versus dense and firm.
- Also, make sure you carefully oil your grill racks right before you add the patties. Be sure to have a metal spatula handy so you can easily flip the burgers.
- Only flip them once and do not press down on the meat as it cooks.
How long to cook this chicken burger recipe on the grill?
I grilled the chicken patties for 5-6 minutes per side. Make sure the lid is closed on the gas grill and the temperature should be between 375-425 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to ensure doneness. Once the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove them from the grill.
You do not want them to overcook and dry out. Allowing the meat to rest will help keep the juices inside, rather than allowing it to all run out once cut open.
What to top your chicken burger with?
Top these juicy patties with cheese, special sauce, sliced tomato, thinly sliced white onion, and lettuce. Also be sure to butter and toast your bun. The buttery toasted bun takes this sandwich to the next level. This recipe is the ultimate chicken burger recipe.
How Long Do Chicken Burgers Take to Cook?
Once the grill is prepared and the ingredients are together, you’ll be surprised at how quickly these chicken burgers cook.
In a 400-degree grill, it only takes about 12-ish minutes to cook a perfect chicken burger patty from start to finish. Simply flip it halfway through to ensure both sides are cooked evenly. From start to finish, this recipe only takes 30 minutes from pulling ingredients out of the pantry to plating a delicious and juicy chicken burger. That’s a fast dinner!
Store any leftover burgers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat these patties in the microwave until heated through. This recipe makes 4-5 patties depending on size. Please see below for nutritional information. Looking for more burger recipes? Try my juicy chicken smash burgers or my broccoli cheddar chicken burgers. Both are easy to make and delicious.
Juicy Ground Chicken Burger
- 1 lb. ground chicken, Smart Chicken
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons relish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- few turns cracked black pepper
- sliced tomato
- white onion sliced thin
- 1 gas grill
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Brush the racks with vegetable or avocado oil right before you add the burgers. This will help prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, oregano, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Form the mixture into burger patties.
- Add the chicken burger patties to the gas grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, lid closed. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit the burgers are ready.
- Mix the special sauce together. Remove burgers from the grill, top with cheese, special sauce, onions, tomato, lettuce and a buttery toasted bun.