These four ingredient salmon burgers are a go-to meal on weeknights when I need a low-fuss dinner that delivers big on taste. Because there’s only four ingredients, I can whip them together in no time. Cook them in a pan or on the grill, either way these burgers are healthy and delicious.
What makes them Healthyish?
Swap the bun with butter lettuce to reduce the carbs. This will help keeps things light and fresh. I also recommend topping these four ingredient salmon burgers with my tangy yogurt sauce. This is a great substitute for mayonnaise or cheese and adds tons of flavor.
Four Ingredient Salmon Burgers
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- .5 lb. of fresh Scottish salmon
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard or similar
- ⅓ cup white onion diced small
- 2-3 tablespoons of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1 ripe tomato
- Fresh parsley
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- Juice from ½ a medium sized lemon – about 1 tablespoon
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley – about 1 tablespoon
- Combine ingredients together in a small bowl. Add a dollop to the top of your cooked Salmon burgers.
- Deskin and remove bones from salmon filet, if it’s not already done for you. Next, cube salmon into medium-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add cubed salmon to a food processor, followed by Dijon mustard. Lightly chop. (Be careful to not over chop salmon. It will make the patties get too dense when cooked.)
- Remove the salmon and mustard mixture from the food processor and place in a small bowl. Then, evenly dice white onions into small pieces. Gently fold the onions and the breadcrumbs into the salmon mustard mixture.
- Form salmon mixture into 2 evenly sized burger patties and season with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side over medium heat. (This will give you a medium-temperature burger.)
- For the yogurt sauce, combine plain yogurt, lemon juice and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Add toppings of your choice to burgers and finish with a dollop of yogurt sauce.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!