Looking for a tasty, low carb breakfast that will keep you full throughout the morning? Then this gluten-free egg roll-up recipe is what you’ve been looking for. This egg roll-up is light, healthy and very easy to make. Perfect for days when you want something healthy but don’t have a ton of time.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can really make it your own. Load in your favorite sautéed veggies, choice of protein, cheese and greens and this roll-up is ready to go.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/4 cup diced onion – white or yellow
- Handful of leafy greens – I used chopped fresh spinach but you can use anything
- 1 teaspoon chives
- shredded cheese – optional
- mixing bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of 2% milk. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll want to peel and dice your sweet potato and onion into small evenly-sized pieces.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add the onion and sweet potato. Cook until soft and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll grab a nonstick square griddle with a lip (typically used for pancakes) and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pan and cook over medium to low heat. (Tilt the pan from side to side to make sure that the egg is evenly distributed across the pan.)
- You will see the egg begin to lightly bubble, that’s when you’ll know it is safe to flip the egg sheet using a large spatula.
- Once you flip the egg sheet over, you can turn off the heat. Let the egg sheet cool before you begin to assemble your roll-up.
- Next, you’ll place the egg sheet on plate. Add the sweet potato and onion hash, chopped spinach, shredded cheese, and chives. Add any other ingredients you may want.
- Once all of the ingredients are loaded onto on your egg sheet, you will begin to gently roll the egg sheet to seal it closed. Similar to rolling a crepe.
- Top with salsa, sour cream or a sprinkle of shredded cheese and enjoy!