Egg roll-up for breakfast? Essentially, this recipe is a breakfast burrito minus the tortilla. This egg roll-up recipe is loaded with protein and will keep you feeling full and satiated throughout the morning. What’s great is that you can fill your roll-up with all of your favorite breakfast items. Perfect for days when you want a delicious breakfast recipe, but don’t have a ton of time.
About this recipe
What’s great about this egg roll-up breakfast recipe is that you can really make it your own. Load in your favorite sautéed veggies, protein, cheese and greens and this roll-up is ready to go. I like adding sautéed sweet potatoes, onions, and mushrooms. However, zucchini, squash, bacon, sausage, black beans, or tomatoes would all taste amazing too.
If you’re into a little spice, try adding some diced jalapeno. Be sure to remove the seeds, otherwise it might very spicy. You could also add a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream for an extra layer of creamy goodness. Enjoy this egg roll-up recipe at home or on the run, but just make sure you can actually roll it closed. Best if eaten immediately upon making.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Try my egg muffins two ways or my savory breakfast rice. Both are quick and flavorful breakfast options. The egg muffins are great as a meal prep item through the week. Simply heat them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy. While the savory breakfast rice is perfect if you’re looking for a heartier meal option. The savory rice and protein packed egg will keep you full and energized.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, diced small
- 1/4 cup white onion , diced small
- 1/4 cup spinach , any green will do
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- mixing bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of 2% milk. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll want to peel and dice your sweet potato and onion into small evenly-sized pieces.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add the onion and sweet potato. Cook until soft and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll grab a nonstick square griddle with a lip (typically used for pancakes) and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pan and cook over medium to low heat. (Tilt the pan from side to side to make sure that the egg is evenly distributed across the pan.)
- You will see the egg begin to lightly bubble, that’s when you’ll know it is safe to flip the egg sheet using a large spatula.
- Once you flip the egg sheet over, you can turn off the heat. Let the egg sheet cool before you begin to assemble your roll-up.
- Next, you’ll place the egg sheet on plate. Add the sweet potato and onion hash, chopped spinach, shredded cheese, and chives. Add any other ingredients you may want.
- Once all of the ingredients are loaded onto on your egg sheet, you will begin to gently roll the egg sheet to seal it closed. Similar to rolling a crepe.
- Top with salsa, sour cream or a sprinkle of shredded cheese and enjoy!