Easy Tzatziki Sauce
Looking for a delicious and easy tzatziki sauce? Then you are in the right place. This recipe for tzatziki sauce comes together in 20 minutes and can be used in so many tasty ways. Made from 7 simple, clean ingredients you and your family will love this recipe.
As we head into warm weather months, there is nothing better than easy to make dips to snack on. They are perfect for parties and taste so good with a glass of chilled wine. Fortunately, for us, this easy tzatziki sauce is no exception. It’s tangy, light, and healthy and there are so many ways you can enjoy it.
Various Ways to Enjoy this Tzatziki Sauce
Enjoy this dip with chopped veggies. I like using carrot sticks, celery or sliced bell peppers. Another option is to use warmed pita bread. Cut the pita bread into small triangles and you’ll have cute little dippers. A third option is to add this tzatziki dip on top of your favorite sandwiches. This would taste great with my spinach salmon burgers or my spinach and artichoke chicken burgers. Finally, you can also tuck this sauce inside of a wrap loaded with veggies for a tasty and quick lunch. All of these are great ways to enjoy this tasty dip.
Important Tips for this Tzatziki Sauce
When prepping this dip, it is important to note that you will want to core the seeds from the center of the cucumber. Removing the seeds and core will help keep the tzatziki from getting too wet. Simply us a spoon and run it down the center of the cucumber. This will easily remove the seeds. If you decide to grate the cucumber instead of dicing it, just be sure to press out any excess moisture using a cheese cloth or similar.
I also like using 2% Greek yogurt for this recipe. One of my favorite brands is Fage 2% Greek yogurt. It’s high in protein and lower in sugar. Plus, the texture is smooth and creamy which is perfect for this recipe.
Store this dip in a covered container in your refrigerator. Keeps for up to 3 days.
Easy Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups Greek yogurt , 2% fage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic , about 2 small cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh chopped dill , diced small
- 1.5 cups diced cucumbers , remove the seeds and core using a spoon. Dice small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- mixing bowl
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, diced cucumbers, lemon juice, chopped fresh dill, and salt.
- Fold everything together using a spatula. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate covered for 30-60 minutes before enjoying. This will allow the flavors to setup.