This quick cucumber salsa is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. What I love most about this refreshing cucumber salsa is that you can use it in so many ways. Enjoy it as a healthy snack, add this salsa to tacos, or scoop it over your favorite grilled fish. It’s perfect no matter how you serve it.
Ingredients Needed for Cucumber Salsa
Cucumber – You’ll need 2 medium-sized English cucumbers of this recipe. Be sure to remove the ends and the core to help prevent the salsa from getting too watery. Dice into small, evenly sized pieces.
Vegetables – You’ll need red onion or shallots for this recipe. I used shallots because they tend to be slightly milder than red onion, but you can use whatever you enjoy most. You’ll also need fresh jalapeno. Be sure to remove the seeds and veins to prevent the jalapeno from being too spicy.
Herbs / Fruit / Seasoning – I used freshly chopped cilantro for this salsa. However, if cilantro isn’t your thing, you can use freshly chopped Italian parsley instead. You will also need fresh squeezed lime juice. Option to use lemon juice if you prefer. Lastly, you’ll need salt to season the salsa and some sesame seeds for extra flavor and texture.
How to Make Cucumber Salsa
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cored and diced English cucumber, diced onion, finely diced jalapeno, freshly chopped cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice, salt and sesame seeds. Toss until well combined. Serve chilled.
Store extra salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Serve chilled. Looking for simple recipes?
- 2 English cucumbers, about 2-3 cups diced, remove core
- ½ cup shallots, diced small
- ⅓ cup jalapeno, finely diced, remove seeds and veins
- ¼ cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 large mixing bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cored and diced English cucumber, diced onion, finely diced jalapeno, freshly chopped cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice, salt and sesame seeds. Toss until well combined. Serve chilled.