Spicy Salmon Roll Bowls
These spicy salmon roll bowls are easy to make and loaded with flavor. Lightly seasoned and topped with a spicy creamy sauce, you’re going to fall in love with this recipe. What’s great, is that you can customize these bowls too. I added avocado, cucumber, jalapeno, green onion, lime wedges and cilantro. However, any veggies would work great. Try shaved carrots, radishes, or anything you enjoy.
How to Pan Sear Salmon
Start by removing the pin bones from your salmon filet. You will feel the bones sticking out when you run your fingers over the meat of the fish. Simply us a pin bone remover or clean tweezers to get them all.
Next, you will remove the skin. Simply lay the fish flat, skin side down. Run a sharp knife under the meat and as close to the skin as possible. This will separate the meat from the skin.
Place the salmon filet on a cutting board and cube it into bite-sized pieces. Pat the cubed salmon dry with paper towels. Absorbing the excess moisture will allow the fish to get crispy on the outside.
Season the cubes with blackening spice. Toss until they are well coated.
Next, add olive oil to a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned cubed salmon to the pan.
Sear for 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Be sure to turn the cubes frequently so all sides of the salmon cook evenly.
How to Make Spicy Salmon Roll Bowls
Cook the salmon according to the instructions listed above. Once it’s ready, set it aside.
Cook your rice according to the package. You will need about ½ cup of cooked rice per person.
Assemble the Dish
Place the cooked rice in the bottom of a small bowl. Top it with the sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, sliced jalapeno, chopped green onions, and cooked salmon cubes.
Next, add a pinch of fresh chopped cilantro and a few fresh lime wedges on the side. Finish the dish with a drizzle of the spicy creamy sauce and a few shakes of furikake. Option to enjoy this dish with seaweed for easy picking up.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Option to reheat this dish in the microwave until the salmon and rice are warmed through. Looking for more seafood recipes?
- Blackened Salmon with Citrus Salad
- Blackened Ahi Tuna Bowls
- BBQ Salmon Bowls
- Baked Salmon Spicy Creamy Sauce
Spicy Salmon Roll Bowls
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 12 ounces salmon, deboned, cubed and seasoned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white rice uncooked, makes 1 cup cooked
- ¼ cup cucumber, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, remove stems and chop
- 2 teaspoons furikake, split between the bowls -option to use sesame seeds
- 1 large lime, quartered
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 large, non-stick skillet
- 2 small mixing bowls
Make the Spice Blend and Prepare the Salmon
- Combine the blackening spice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove salmon skin and pin bones. Cube salmon into bite-sized pieces. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and toss with the blackening spice until its well coated.
- Add two tablespoons olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned salmon cubes to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes turning frequently to prevent burning. Once cooked to your liking, set the salmon aside.
Make the Rice
- Cook the rice according to the package.
Make the Spicy Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined, no lumps.
Prepare the Vegetables and Herbs
- Next, you’ll chop any remaining vegetables and herbs.
Assemble the Dish
- Grab two bowls. Add cooked rice to the bottom of your bowls.
- Next, add sliced avocado, chopped green onion, sliced jalapeno, sliced cucumber, seared salmon cubes, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime, and furikake.
- Finish with spicy sauce and enjoy!