Elevate your next dinner with a side of these delicious, buttery, homemade garlic knots. They’re quick, easy to make, and so delicious. I love using my Delallo Foods’ pizza dough kit for these buttery knots. The dough is perfectly crispy on the outside, with a soft chewy center.
Enjoy these garlic knots on their own with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. Or you can serve them with a salad or entrée. Either way, they are such a tasty addition to any meal.
If you’ve never tried the Delallo Foods’ pizza dough kit, it comes with everything you need to make a delicious homemade pizza dough. You simply mix the high-quality flour and yeast together in a bowl, then add 1 ¼ cup lukewarm water. Gently knead the dough with your hands and form it into a ball. Place the dough in a clean bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover the dough with saran wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 45 minutes to an hour. You can also store it in the refrigerator covered for up to three days. Just be sure to let it come back to room temperature before using it.
Looking for more ways to use your Delallo Foods pizza dough kit? Try my homemade pizza night recipe. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
Homemade Garlic Knots
- baking tray
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Delallo Foods’ pizza dough kit
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil I use Delallo brand
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic – about 5 cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley – extra as garnish
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Prepare the dough according to the package. Let it rest for 45 minutes to an hour before using it.
- Once the dough has rested, dust your hands with flour and roll the dough into 5-6 inch long ropes. They are about 1 inch thick.
- Tie the ropes into knots and place them on the baking tray. I was able to get 14-15 medium / large sized knots.
- Bake the knots for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees.
- While the dough is baking, heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and let it simmer until fragrant but not browned.
- Once fragrant, reduce the heat to low, and add the fresh chopped parsley. Stir well.
- Once the knots are finished baking toss them in the garlic butter mixture. Toss until they are well coated.
- Dust them with the grated parmesan cheese and extra fresh chopped parsley.
- To get the parmesan cheese extra crispy broil the knots in an oven safe pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Finish them with a pinch of flaky salt and serve warm.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!