Looking for a quick dessert that’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser? Try my cranberry cheese roll-ups. Made from 6 simple ingredients, these cranberry cheese roll-ups come together in under 20 minutes and are so delicious.
I love this recipe because it comes together so quickly and yet feels very elegant. Plus, the cheese and cranberry mixture tastes so good together with the flaky, buttery dough. Once you get that first bite, you can really taste the tartness from the cranberries and orange zest. It goes so well with the creamy and slightly sweet cheese filling. Combined with the buttery, flaky dough drizzled with honey, and this is one Healthyish dessert! It almost reminds me of a cranberry cheese danish, but much easier to prepare and make.
I don’t know about you guys, but there is something about cranberries that just make me feel like the holidays are in full effect. Maybe it’s their color or their delicious flavor, but they always feel so fun and festive. So, give this delicious and easy dessert recipe a try! You’ll be so glad you did.
Cranberry Cheese Roll-Ups
- baking tray
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 1 can Crescent rolls – 8 rolls per can
- ½ can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- Honey to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the refrigerator and let them warm up for a few minutes before opening them. They are easier to work with when they warm up a touch first.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the whole berry cranberry sauce and the orange zest. Stir well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese and sugar using a spoon. Mix well.
- Next, you’ll unroll the crescent rolls and place a dollop of the cranberry mixture and the cheese mixture on the wide end of the dough. Simply roll the crescent up and place it on the baking tray. Repeat until all the crescents are filled and rolled.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Option to drizzle them with honey for an extra pop of flavor.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!