Creamy Crab Salad
Perfect for lunch or a light flavorful dinner, this creamy crab salad recipe is an absolute must-try. It is easy to make and loaded with flavor. You can serve this crab salad as a dip with crackers or piled high on a toasted bun. Either way, you are in for the ultimate summer recipe. It’s cool, refreshing and flavorful.
I like to enjoy my crab salad in a variety of ways. I’ve included some of those variations below. However, this crab salad is so versatile it’s one of those recipes that’s nice to have on hand. Mix it together for impromptu gatherings, picnics or cookouts. I can guarantee everyone will love this dish!
About this recipe
For this creamy crab salad recipe, I used imitation crab. I like using the imitation crab because it is easy to work with and loaded with flavor. My local grocer offers flake style and leg style imitation crab. I suggest using the flake style, but if you can’t get your hands on it, simply slice the leg style into evenly sized pieces.
Enjoy this crab salad as a dip with crackers or piled high on a toasted bun. If you do decide to make a sandwich, I highly recommend you butter the roll and toast it on a hot skillet. The toasty buttered bun mixed with the crab salad reminds me of a Maine lobster roll. It’s absolutely delicious.
Any leftovers can be rolled into a wrap, serve over lettuce cups or enjoyed with a salad. There are so many ways you can enjoy this dip! Plus, since it is so light and refreshing you will feel good enjoying it.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The dressing may get a touch watery as time goes on. Freezing is not an option. Looking for more summer recipes? Try my grilled shrimp with hearts of palm salad or my spicy kani cucumber salad.
Creamy Crab Salad
- 1 lb. imitation crab meat , flake style
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno , 1 medium jalapeno seeded and deveined
- ¼ cup diced shallot
- ½ cup sliced celery stalks
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- .5 ounces chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- mixing bowl
Prepare the dressing:
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, light sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh chopped dill and mix well.
Prepare the crab salad:
- Add the flake style crab meat, minced jalapeno, diced shallots, sliced celery and toss until everything is well coated in the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving as a dip or tucked into a sandwich.