Cottage Cheese Egg Salad
This cottage cheese egg salad recipe is the recipe you didn’t know you needed. Loaded with protein and low on carbs, you’re going to fall in love with this easy and satisfying combination. Plus, it’s made from simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
I like to enjoy this cottage cheese egg salad over fried bread with sliced avocado and sliced jalapeno. However, you can enjoy this cottage cheese egg salad in a wrap or over a bed of greens. Another option, is to grab your favorite crackers or vegetables and use them to scoop the egg salad directly into your mouth. No judgement here. No matter what, you’re going to love this recipe.
Other Ingredients you can add to Cottage Cheese Egg Salad
What’s great about this egg salad is that you can customize it however you like. Try adding chopped Italian parsley, cilantro or basil. If you enjoy a crunch, add a rib of diced celery and/or onion. If onion is too strong of a flavor, you can try adding diced shallots or chives instead. Feel free to get creative and really make this recipe your own.
Ingredients Needed for Cottage Cheese Egg Salad
Hard Boiled Eggs – For this recipe you’ll need six hard boiled eggs. Be sure to peel them and separate the yolks from the whites.
Cottage Cheese – You can use whatever cottage cheese you enjoy most. I used low fat cottage cheese and it worked perfectly.
Dijon Mustard – You’ll need two teaspoons of Dijon mustard for this recipe. It adds a depth of flavor that’s hard to resist.
Lemon Juice – You’ll need one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. It adds a bright tart flavor to the recipe.
Seasoning – Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
Herbs – I added freshly chopped dill, but you could add Italian parsley, basil, spinach or whatever herbs or veggies you enjoy most.
Green Onions – You can use freshly chopped green onions or chives in this recipe. Either would work perfectly.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Egg Salad
Hard boil six eggs. Once they’re cool, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites. Add the yolks to a large mixing bowl. Then, add Dijon mustard, fresh squeezed lemon juice, cottage cheese, salt and cracked black pepper. Mix until well combined. Next, add the diced egg whites, chopped dill, and chopped green onion. Mix until well combined. Chill and serve.
Cottage Cheese Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peel and separate the whites from the yolks
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons dill, freshly chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons green onions, chopped small
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Hard boil six eggs. Once they’re cool, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites. Add the yolks to a large mixing bowl. Then, add Dijon mustard, lemon juice, cottage cheese, salt and cracked black pepper. Mix until well combined. Next, add the diced egg whites, chopped dill, and chopped green onion. Mix until well combined. Chill and serve.