Easy Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
Summer is in full swing, and these easy grilled chicken and peach kabobs are the perfect warm weather meal. The sweet seasonal peaches taste so good with the juicy chicken and salty halloumi cheese. Topped with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and fresh basil, this recipe is quintessential summer.
What’s great, is that this recipe is made from simple ingredients. Plus, it is very easy to prepare. Simply marinate your cubed chicken for 30 minutes before preparing your skewers. The marinade adds a lot of flavor and keeps the chicken tender.
About this recipe
For this easy grilled chicken and peach kabob recipe, I used a grilling cheese called, halloumi. Halloumi is great for this recipe because it has a high melting point. That means, it can be easily grilled or fried without falling apart. Traditionally, halloumi is made from a mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk. However, you can find some made from cow’s milk too. It has a salty taste that works really well with this peaches and chicken. I only used two pieces per kabob because it can be pricey.
When preparing your chicken cut it into evenly sized cubes. Place the cubes in a Ziplock bag with the marinade. The marinade includes, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Massage the marinade into the cubed chicken and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before grilling.
When building your skewers, you want the cubed chicken, peaches, and halloumi to be roughly the same size. This will ensure that everything cooks evenly. Also, be sure to alternate each ingredient as you assemble the skewers. I used metal skewers for this recipe, but if you use wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes first. This will help prevent them from burning on the grill.
Preheat your gas grill to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle an extra layer of olive oil over the skewers before adding them to the grill. This will help prevent them from sticking. Cook for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through. Larger cubes of chicken may need more time. You will want the internal temperature to be 165-degree Fahrenheit to ensure doneness.
Remove the skewer from any leftover kabobs. Add the grilled chicken, peaches and cheese to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Enjoy leftovers on top of a salad, tucked in a wrap or as is. Looking for more summer recipes? Try my, easy Italian pasta salad or my spinach artichoke chicken burgers.
Easy Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
Chicken and Peaches
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts , cubed into evenly sized pieces about 1 cubic inch
- 4-5 white peaches sliced, I got 6 slices per peach
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese , carefully cubed – it can crack
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction or balsamic glaze , as garnish
- fresh basil, as garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 metal grilling skewers
- gas grill
- mixing bowl
Marinate the chicken:
- Cube the chicken breasts and add the cubes into a Ziplock bag along with the marinade. Massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temp for 15-20 minutes before assembling the kabobs and grilling.
Assemble the kabobs:
- Alternate the cubed marinated chicken, sliced peaches, and halloumi cheese. I added about 2-3 pieces of halloumi per skewer.
Grill the kabobs:
- Preheat your gas grill to 400-450 degrees.
- Brush or drizzle the kabobs with olive oil right before adding them to the grill.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through. Thicker chicken cubes will need more time.
- You want an internal temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt. Then, top with reduced balsamic glaze and fresh basil.
- Serve warm and enjoy!