Mediterranean Salmon Salad
Quick, healthy and delicious this Mediterranean salmon salad is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. What’s great is that this entire dish only takes 30 minutes to make. Perfect for meal prep through the week or as a light and healthy weeknight meal, this is one of those recipes you will come back to time and time again.
About this recipe
This Mediterranean salmon salad is such a flavorful recipe. Made from simple clean ingredients, you will feel good enjoying this salad on a regular basis. Pile it high on a slice of toast, tuck it in a wrap or enjoy it on some lettuce cups. Another way to enjoy this salmon is to toss it with some cooled cooked pasta for the ultimate pasta salad. The cooked pasta tastes amazing with the flaky salmon and zippy vinaigrette.
No matter how you serve it up, this Mediterranean salmon salad is always a treat. Made from healthy nutrient-dense ingredients, you can feel good sharing this meal with your family!
Store any leftover salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for 3-4 days. You can tuck any leftover salmon inside of a wrap, on top of a salad, or enjoy it tossed with some cooled ditalini pasta. Looking for more quick and delicious salad ideas? Try my Healthyish chicken salad or my buffalo style chicken salad.
Mediterranean Salmon Salad
- 6-8 ounces Scottish salmon, deboned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , plus an extra drizzle for the salmon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ cup shallots , sliced thin or diced
- ¼ cup English cucumber, sliced thin
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, sliced in halves
- 4-5 sundried tomatoes , chopped into small pieces
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spray a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Debone your salmon filet and pat it dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon on the baking tray.
- Season it with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake the salmon for 16 -17 minutes. (skin side down on the tray) This will give you a medium-well center. (cooking time depends on the thickness of the filet)
- Remove the salmon from the oven and let the salmon cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, shallots, capers, kalamata olives, and sundried tomatoes. Toss until everything is well combined.
- Once the salmon has cooled, break it into large pieces using a fork. Toss the flaky salmon pieces and the sliced fresh cucumbers into the bowl with everything else.
- Gently toss until the salmon is well coated in all of the veggies and oil mixture.
- Serve at room temperature or chill and serve! You can aslo add some cooked pasta for a heartier pasta salad dish.