Street Veggie Pasta Salad
If you’ve ever had Mexican street corn, then you’re going to love this street veggie pasta salad. Traditional street corn is grilled, slathered in a mayo and sour cream mixture, then topped with cotija cheese, chili powder, cilantro, and lime. It’s amazing.
For this recipe, I doubled down on the veggies and added some jumbo shell pasta. Next, I created a simple tangy dressing that tastes so good when mixed with all of the ingredients. As a finishing touch, I crumbled some queso fresco and chopped fresh cilantro to finish off the recipe.
This street veggie pasta salad recipe screams summer and I simply can’t get enough. The entire dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a small gathering or as a tasty side to meal prep for the week ahead. You’re going to fall in love with this recipe. The dressing is slightly tangy which tastes so good with all of the fresh vegetables and cooked pasta noodles. Honestly, this is one of those side dish recipes thats hard to resist.
Street Veggie Pasta Salad
Pasta and veggies:
- 8 ounces jumbo shells , 1/2 a bag
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¾ cup red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno – diced or sliced , deseeded and deveined
- 1 can whole kernel corn 8.5 ounces drained , fresh grilled corn is the best option
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ avocado – sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pasta pot
- large mixing bowl
- cutting board
- Cook the pasta according to the package. I like my pasta al dente.
- Drain off the pasta water using a colander. Set the pasta aside to cool. You’ll want it room temperature.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, light sour cream, white vinegar, cane sugar, and Dijon mustard. Whisk well.
Prepare the veggies:
- Slice the tomatoes in halves. Dice the red bell pepper. Dice the red onion. Dice or slice the jalapeno. Drain the corn. If using canned corn, make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel. You do not want any excess liquid to thin out the dressing.
Assemble the dish:
- Add the cooled pasta to the bowl with the dressing. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, red bell peppers, jalapeño slices, corn, and red onion.
- Toss everything together until well coated in the dressing.
- Cover with saran wrap and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and place the pasta salad on a platter.
- Top with queso fresco, avocado slices, and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve chilled.