Street Veggie Pasta Salad
If you’ve ever had Mexican street corn, then you’re going to love this street veggie pasta salad recipe. Traditional street corn is grilled, slathered in a mayo and sour cream mixture, then topped with cotija cheese, chili powder, cilantro, and lime. It’s amazing. This easy pasta salad recipe is a fun twist on classic street corn.
About the Recipe
For this pasta salad recipe, I doubled down on the veggies and added some Delallo Food’s large shell pasta. Tossed with my simple tangy dressing, this recipe is a Healthyish version of traditional street corn. As a finishing touch, I crumbled queso fresco and chopped fresh cilantro as a garnish. The fresh herbs and salty cheese add that extra level of flavor that’s hard to resist.
I enjoy using large jumbo shells but bowtie pasta or penne pasta would work well too. You can use whatever type of short cut pasta you have on hand. Just be sure to cook the pasta al dente as the sauce will soften the pasta as it sits. If you’re looking for the best pasta, check out Delallo Foods. They make my favorite cuts of pasta and it cooks up perfectly every time.
Perfect for Gatherings
Serve this flavorful side dish at your next cookout or party. This street veggie pasta salad recipe screams summer and I can guarantee that your friends and family will love it. What’s great, is that this pasta salad recipe comes together in under 30 minutes too.
Perfect for impromptu gatherings or as a tasty side dish that you can prep for the week ahead. The dressing is slightly tangy which tastes so good with the fresh vegetables and cooked pasta. Honestly, this is one of those side dish recipes that you’ll make over and over again.
Store this easy pasta salad recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for four to five days. Just know, the veggies will soften after a few days in the refrigerator. You will begin to lose the crunch factor that tastes so good after it’s first made. Looking for more pasta salad recipes? Try my pasta salad with cilantro lime dressing or my tuna noodle pasta salad.
Street Veggie Pasta Salad
Pasta and veggies:
- 8 ounces large shell pasta , 1/2 of a 1lb. bag
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, 8.5 ounce can, drained. fresh grilled corn is the best option
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon warm water, helps dissolve the sugar
- pasta pot
- large mixing bowl
- cutting board
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Al dente is best.
- Drain off the pasta water using a colander. Set the pasta aside to cool. You'll want it room temperature.
Prepare the Dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, light sour cream, white vinegar, cane sugar, Dijon mustard and warm water. Whisk well.
Assemble the Dish:
- Add the cooled pasta to the bowl with the dressing. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, red bell peppers, jalapeño slices, corn, and red onion.
- Toss everything together until well coated in the dressing.
- Cover with saran wrap and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Top with queso fresco, avocado slices, and chopped fresh cilantro when ready to serve.
3 Comments on “Street Veggie Pasta Salad”
Sounds good will be making this.
Incredible! love all of the fresh vegetables and tangy dressing.
Thanks! I looked and everything is there!