Kale and White Bean Soup
Kale and white bean soup, the nutrient-dense recipe our bodies crave. This soup recipe is perfect for chilly nights when you want something cozy for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1 large white onion, about 1 cup diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic , sliced thin or minced
- 4 stalks celery , about 1 cup sliced
- 1 can white beans , rinsed and drained
- 2.5 cups kale, packed , wash the kale, remove the stems, and chop small
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, for extra flavor
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
Add the diced onion, celery and garlic into the pot. Stir well.
Once the onions are translucent, add the chicken broth, water and bouillon cube. Stir well.
Next, you'll add the white beans along with the kale.
Reduce the heat and let everything simmer over low heat.
Season the soup with salt and pepper.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 222kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 763mg, Potassium: 820mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 4541IU, Vitamin C: 63mg, Calcium: 162mg, Iron: 3mg