Crab and Corn Chowder
This crab and corn chowder combines the delicious flavors of summer in one tasty bowl. Sweet corn kernels, juicy lump crab meat, and light yet satisfying broth bring this entire dish together.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cups sweet onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups russet potato, diced small, skin on, about 2 medium potatoes
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, sliced, about 3 stalks
- 2 cups corn kernels, about 3 ears of grilled corn, reserve some kernels as a garnish
- ½ cup red bell peppers, sliced, extra as garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups lump crab meat
- 1.5 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour + 2 tablespoons water, to form a slurry , slurry will slightly thicken when mixed in
In a large sauté pan, add butter and olive oil over medium heat.
Simmer the diced onion and minced garlic together in the pan with the butter and olive oil.
Next, add the cubed potatoes and 5-6 cups of chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the sliced celery, sliced red pepper and grilled corn kernels. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
Prepare the crab meat.
Drain off any liquid from the crab meat. Add 2 cups of the lump crab meat to a small bowl.
Using a fork, gently break the crab meat apart. Add the paprika and old bay seasoning and gently toss everything together.
Add the seasoned crab meat to the soup. Gently fold it into the rest of the soup.
As a last step, add the slurry to help thicken the broth.
Let everything simmer for 5-10 more minutes and then you are ready to serve.
Add your favorite garnishes and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 333kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 2596mg, Potassium: 1036mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 1052IU, Vitamin C: 61mg, Calcium: 108mg, Iron: 3mg