Fresh Shrimp Ceviche
Fresh shrimp ceviche is one of the easiest and most delicious summertime recipes. Perfect as an appetizer at your next gathering or as a delicious protein packed snack.
- 1.5 lbs. raw shrimp, peel, devein, remove tail and dice small
- 1 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup tomato, diced small option to remove seeds
- 1 cup English cucumber, cored, diced small
- ½ cup red onion, diced small
- ¼ cup jalapeno, diced very small, almost minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped small
- ½ teaspoon salt
Peel and devein thawed, raw shrimp.
Remove tails and dice.
Add to a non-reactive bowl and cover with lime juice.
Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Once the shrimp is pink in color, add the rest of the diced vegetables, herbs and salt.
Toss well and serve chilled.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 18kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 0.1g, Saturated Fat: 0.02g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g, Sodium: 148mg, Potassium: 123mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 248IU, Vitamin C: 16mg, Calcium: 11mg, Iron: 0.2mg