BBQ Salmon and Kimchi Tacos
Spice up your weekly routine with these BBQ salmon and kimchi tacos. This easy taco recipe packs so much flavor you’ll be blown away.
- 1 lb. salmon, deboned, skin on
- ¼ teaspoon salt, season the salmon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, season the salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , for searing the salmon
- 1 cup kimchi, Nasoya brand linked above
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s, traditional flavor
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ red onion, sliced thin, 2-3 slices per taco
- ¼ cup scallions, white and green parts, as garnish
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed in a pan
Prepare the salmon:
Remove the salmon from the package. Make sure it is deboned.
Pat the salmon dry using paper towel.
Season the filet with salt and pepper. You can leave the skin on or remove it. Whatever you prefer. I left it on while cooking, then removed it once the salmon was done.
Heat an 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Once the pan is hot, you’ll drizzle the salmon with olive oil right before you add it to the pan. Meat side down.
Sear for 5-6 minutes before turning. If the salmon is getting too dark, reduce the heat. Once you flip the salmon, begin to brush on the BBQ sauce.
Sear for another 5-6 minutes skin side down. Make sure you coat both sides with the BBQ sauce.
Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
Assemble the tacos:
Heat a flour tortilla on the stovetop.
Add sliced avocado and sliced red onion.
Break off a piece of the BBQ salmon and place it on the tortilla. About 4 ounces per taco
Add the kimchi and finish the taco with scallions and lime wedges.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 406kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 590mg, Potassium: 943mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 230IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 71mg, Iron: 3mg