White Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken
Looking for a healthy low carb dinner? Try my white cheddar jalapeno chicken recipe. It’s beyond delicious and only takes 35 minutes from start to finish. Plus, you only use one pan so cleanup is a breeze. This dish is perfect for busy nights when you want a hot and healthy meal in a hurry. As an added bonus, you probably already have all of the main ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry.
About this recipe
This white cheddar jalapeno chicken recipe only calls for six simple ingredients. Making this dish super easy to pull together. Loaded with flavor, this easy chicken recipe will be on your weekly rotation in no time.
When prepping the chicken, be sure to pound it using a mallet. Pounding the chicken before searing it will promote even cooking. Season and sear the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side before adding the other ingredients. Next, you’ll place the entire dish in the oven to finish cooking. You’ll want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure doneness. Be sure to use an oven-safe pan.
This recipe is so tasty I can guarantee your family will be in love. Just be warned, that if you use fresh jalapeños, they tend to be spicier than jarred tamed jalapeños, so use them sparingly. If you are feeding this meal to children, you can simply use the diced green chilies and skip the jalapeno altogether.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Enjoy this leftover jalapeno chicken sliced thin and added to a wrap or quesadilla. Another way to use the leftovers, would be to shred the chicken and add it over a bed of nachos. Both options would be delicious.
This chicken recipe makes two dinner servings. For a heartier meal, add a side of rice. Please see below for nutritional information. Looking for more quick dinner recipes? Try my baked enchilada chicken or my chicken and broccoli stir fry.
White Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, about 2 boneless, skinless breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt , season the chicken
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper , season the chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, 1 small can
- 2.5 ounces crumbled white cheddar cheese, crumble cheese in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno, I used jarred tamed jalapeños, you can use fresh too
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh sliced jalapeno
- Lime wedges
- 11-inch oven safe skillet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil to an 11-inch oven safe skillet. Place over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Cook for roughly 5-6 minutes per side.
- Next, you’ll pour your can of diced green chilies over both breasts. Juice too.
- Add the diced tamed jalapenos and crumbled white cheddar cheese on top of the breasts.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and bake the entire dish in the oven for 20 minutes (uncovered) or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Top with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and fresh sliced jalapeno for an extra kick.
- Serve hot and enjoy.