Typically, I do not think of soup when developing new Springtime recipes. But with Winter hanging on tight this year, a light vegetarian “Spring inspired” soup just felt right. And this recipe is loaded with some of my favorite Springtime essentials like, asparagus, onions, brussel sprouts, broccolini, and more.
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium white onion
4 stalks of celery
4 stalks of broccolini
Handful of asparagus
8- 10 brussel sprouts
3.5 cups of veggie broth
Juice from ½ of a lemon
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons sour cream
- Grab a sauté pan and place it over medium / high heat. Add in your butter and oil.
- Next, you will want to clean and dice all of your veggies. Add them to the pan.
- Let everything brown over medium to high heat fro about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once everything has a nice light brown color to it, you will add in 3 cups of veggie broth.
- Let everything simmer over medium / high heat until all of the veggies are super soft.
- Next, you will carefully pour the veggie broth and soft veggies into your Vitamix.
- Puree this mixture until everything is nice and smooth.
- Pour the soup back into your pan. It should be a beautiful green color!
- Add in the remaining veggie broth and the juice from ½ of a lemon. Stir well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together about 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a separate bowl. Blend well.
- You can also reserve some of your diced veggie mixture for the top of your soup to give it more texture. I did this, but I also added some lima beans and english peas to the veggie mixture as well.
- Once the sour cream and lemon juice is well blended, add a dollop to the top of your soup and serve!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.