Vegan Spring Soup
Typically, I do not think of soup when developing spring recipes. However, the winter is hanging on tight this year. So, a light vegan spring soup feels right. This soup recipe is loaded with some of my favorite seasonal veggies like, asparagus, onions, brussel sprouts, broccolini, and more.
This recipe is so creamy, you’d never think that it is completely dairy free and vegan. The coconut milk adds a silky texture that tastes so good with all of the veggies. I like to top mine with some of the veggie hash for an extra layer of texture and flavor. You can serve this with some French bread or a delicious baguette for dipping.
This soup is the perfect meal for those days when you want something warm and healthy to cozy up to. So, give this tasty recipe a try!
Spring Vegan Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter - I use earth balance
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion - diced
- 4 stalks of celery - sliced
- 4 stalks of broccolini - diced
- 8-10 stalks asparagus - sliced
- 8-10 brussel sprouts - quartered
- 3.5 cups of veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- caramelized veggie mixture
- toasted baguette
- cracked black pepper
- soup pot
- Grab a soup pot and place it over medium / high heat. Add your vegan butter and olive oil.
- Next, you will add all of your diced veggies.
- Let everything sweat over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are soft and starting to get brown. Option to reserve about 3 tablespoons of the caramelized veggie mixture as a garnish.
- Next, you will add the veggie broth and deglaze the pan. Make sure to scrape up any of the crispy veggies from the pan. Let everything simmer over medium heat.
- Then, you will add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Next, carefully pour the mixture into your blender.
- Blend well until everything is creamy and smooth. (no chucks)
- Pour the soup back into your pan. It should be a beautiful green color.
- As a finishing touch, add the coconut milk and stir well. This will make the soup creamy and delicious.