The Best Plant-Based Pesto Sauce
This plant-based pesto sauce recipe is unbelievably delicious. Made from 7 simple ingredients, this pesto recipe is easy to make too. Perfect on pastas, sandwiches, or pizza, this creamy pesto sauce recipe has such a herbaceous, nutty flavor that’s hard to resist. Personally, pesto has always been one of my favorite sauce recipes. This recipe is so tasty you’ll never know it’s vegan.
About this recipe
This vegan pesto is loaded with flavor. Recently, I added this pesto to a thin crust pizza and it was incredible. The creamy pesto sauce tasted so good with the grilled asparagus and crumbled vegan feta cheese. If you’re looking for a plant forward recipe to try, this is it.
This pesto sauce recipe is perfect any night of the week. It’s so versatile you will be able to find a variety of ways to enjoy this recipe. Perfect for pasta, sandwiches, pizza and more. You can freeze this pesto in a freezer safe bag or container for up to one month. Otherwise, store it covered in your refrigerator for up to one week. This recipe makes 16, one tablespoon servings. Add as much or as little as you like to your recipes. Please see all of the nutritional information listed below.
- Loaded with anti-inflammatory agents, basil is a powerful antioxidant. These antioxidants are responsible for removing free radicals from the body; supporting a healthy immune system. (1)
- Known to reduce cognitive decline and the risk of heart disease, pine nuts incredible for our bodies. Loaded with healthful antioxidants that protect our cells from damage. (2)
The BEST Plant-Based Pesto
- 2 cups basil, packed, remove stems
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted is possible
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- food processor
- Grab a food processor, combine the garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pine nuts and basil.
- Slowly add the olive oil and warm water until fully incorporated.