All you need for this recipe is one bowl, some simple ingredients and you’re well on your way to the fluffiest vegan breakfast pancakes. These pancakes are so good, I can guarantee they will become a breakfast staple in your household. Top with fresh fruit, maple syrup or/and powdered sugar and these pancakes will keep you full and satisfied all morning long.
What makes them Healthyish?
For starters, I’ve made this recipe completely vegan! So, there are no dairy products used in this recipe at all. For some folks this is a great way to start the day. Especially if they suffer from lactose intolerance or irritable bowl.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this recipe started!
One Bowl Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
- one bowl
- 1/4 cup smashed banana – about 1 banana (extra ripe)
- 1/4 cup whole grain rolled oats I used quaker oats
- 1/2 cup AP flour didn’t test gluten-free or any other flours
- 1/2 cup original almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grab a mixing bowl and add 1 ripe banana. The skin will be preferably browned or have brown spots forming.
- Using a fork, smash the banana until it is very soft. (like baby food)
- Add your vanilla flavor, almond milk, and avocado oil and stir well using a spoon.
- Next, you’ll add your AP flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir well.
- Gently spray a non-stick skillet with baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook until golden brown. Makes 4 medium sized pancakes.
- Top with syrup, fruit or powdered sugar!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!