Loaded Vegan Nachos and Vegan Queso Cheese
Some days you just need a heaping pile of delicious crunchy nachos topped with all the fixings. I can remember growing up, we would go to 1 baseball game a year and I would always get nachos as my special snack. I’d top them with nacho cheese and an obscene number of jalapeños.
Today, I have cut back on the jalapeños, but still love nachos just as much. My topping selections have definitely improved as well. Insert these, loaded vegan nachos with vegan queso cheese.
This recipe is packed with veggies and tastes amazing. I’ve even created a vegan queso cheese that takes me back to those baseball games growing up. I hope you guys love these loaded vegan nachos with vegan queso cheese as much as I do!
What Makes it Healthyish?
There are so many nourishing veggies and fresh herbs it in this recipe, I don’t know where to start. Add in the vegan queso cheese, and this dish will have your body craving more. There is nothing better than snack food that is secretly good for you, right?
Loaded Vegan Nachos and Queso Cheese
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded dairy free cheese – daiya
- ½ cup white onion, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed, drained and dried with a paper towel
- ½ cup sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 package pulled BBQ jackfruit, Upton Natural's brand
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup black olives, diced small almost minced
- ½ fresh jalapeno, sliced thin
- handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 quartered lime
- 1/2 cup Dairy free sour cream – kite hill
Spicy Vegan Queso Cheese
- ½ cup raw soaked cashews, soak the cashews in water at room temperature for at least 6 hours to soften them.
- ½ cup sweet white onion, diced
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato
- ¼ cup cooked carrots
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- saute pan
- baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab an 8×8 baking dish and line it with tortilla chips.
- Top the chips with shredded cheese, black beans, corn, onion, red bell pepper, and pulled BBQ jackfruit. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
Prepare the Queso Cheese:
- While the nachos are heating in the oven, grab a sauté pan, gently spray it with non-stick cooking spray and over medium heat begin to sweat the onion for the vegan queso. Once the onion is translucent, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Par cook the sweet potato and the carrot in the microwave until it is fork tender. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll grab your blender, and combine the drained raw cashews, soft carrot, turmeric, chili powder, cayenne powder, garlic and onion powder, soft sweet potato, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, translucent soft onions and water. Blend well until all lumps are gone and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the vegan queso into a bowl and top with scallion, tomato, and diced jalapeno.
Finish the Nachos:
- Pull the nachos from the oven and top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced black olives, sliced jalapeno, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with a side of vegan sour cream, the vegan queso and salsa! ENJOY!