These blueberry banana muffins are light, delicious, and super easy to make. Loaded with natural flavors, you’ll never know they are gluten and dairy free. The texture is moist and fluffy just like traditional muffins baked with egg and dairy.
What makes them Healthyish?
I’ve removed all dairy from this recipe, replacing it with tasty flax seeds, smashed banana and almond milk. And while you can use AP flour in this recipe, I used gluten free flour making these muffins gluten friendly.
Fun fact: ground flax seeds aid in healthy digestion and have a wonderful nutty flavor that really enhances the muffins.
As a final tip, try topping your muffins with powdered sugar, peanut butter or your favorite fruit jam. Serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea and breakfast is served.
Vegan GF Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Muffin tin
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1.5 cups GF flour
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gently spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Grab 2 mixing bowls. Combine the flour, baking powder, flax seeds, salt and cane sugar in one bowl. Mix well.
- In the second bowl, combine the almond milk, smashed banana, vanilla flavoring, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and whisk well until the batter forms. Add in the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and cook for 22-24 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through. Makes 12 medium sized muffins.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!