Avocado Tomato Salad
Try this creamy avocado tomato salad recipe. Made from simple healthy ingredients, this salad recipe is perfect any night of the week. Topped with a light dressing, this simple salad recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
About this recipe
There are so many things I love about this avocado tomato salad recipe. For starters, the avocado is perfectly creamy while the cucumbers have a refreshing crunch. The onions add a little bite that tastes so yummy when combined together with the other ingredients. Sprinkled with fresh herbs and reduced balsamic vinegar, this avocado tomato salad recipe bursts with flavor.
I used diced sweet onion in this recipe, but shallots would work well too. Just be sure to dice them very small, almost mince them. For this salad recipe i used fresh mint, basil, parsley and scallions, but you can use any fresh herbs you like.
This salad is the perfect way to start any meal. Pair this salad with grilled chicken or fish for a light and delicious dinner. While you can enjoy this salad year round, it’s best eaten in the summer months with tomatoes are at their prime. This recipe makes two servings. Please see the nutritional information listed below.
This salad is best eaten the same day. You can store it in an airtight container for one, maybe two days, but the avocado will begin to brown. Looking for more salad recipes? Try my Mediterranean salmon salad or my beet and watermelon salad with whipped feta. Both are great summer recipes.
- Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called, lycopene. Lycopene is known to eliminate free radicals in our bodies that can damage our cells and immune system. Lycopene also helps reduce the bad cholesterol in our bodies as well. (1)
- Avocados are loaded with folate. Folate is a B vitamin that can help boost your mood! Plus, avocados have more potassium than a banana, so eat up.
Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1 large avocado, remove skin and slice in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced, shallots will work too
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese pearls , sliced in half
- ¼ cup English cucumber, diced small
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, olive oil will work as well
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, diced
- 1 tablespoon mint , diced
- 1 tablespoon basil , diced
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon reduced balsamic vinegar , drizzle glaze on top
- mixing bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, mozzarella, fresh herbs, avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Peel and slice the avocado in half.
- Stuff the avocado with the tomato salad mixture and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Finish with fresh sliced scallions and a pinch more salt.
- Serve and enjoy!